Hybrid View

RC Competitor

What street tires for a Slash 2wd?

Looking for street tires (and street tires ONLY) for the Slash. The Proline Street Fighters look pretty good, are there any other options out there? Are the Streetfighters beadlocks or normal old-style glue into the rim style (or both?). I'm new to all this so bear with me...

Any suggestions would be welcomed, thanks and Happy Holidays!

RC Competitor
    They can be used on both wheels. I really like the look of the duratrax street tires. Jconcepts also makes a street tire i think their called g-locks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the quick replies and ideas!!!

Well I don't want them to be too low a profile, a lot of these look like drift or rally style tires. So which Duratrax would fit that profile?

Duratrax Tire Radial w/Foam Street Force GPs perhaps? They still look a little low profile. Maybe the Duratrax 5240 Street Trac 2.2 Tires, the P-L Striker II's? They look a little more hefty and CHEAP, I like that! Can you run these as Beadlocks or glue in's as well? I don't know how this beadlock stuff works as you can tell...

Street Fighters just look like fat Street styled normal Slash tires with a lot of sidewall; which in my case is perfectly fine and kind of what I'm looking for as I don't want to get too low to the ground (my surfaces around here aren't THAT smooth!).

Thanks again!

RC Champion
    Hey Drew you would be very happy with the Proline Street fighters, they are standard 2.2/3.0 inner outer sizin just like your stock Slash tires but with a lot more grip in cornering and a center bead for speed runs where most of the tire is not in contact with the ground. You will have compound (hard or soft) to pick from too. Mine have held up very well and they fit up nicely on the Proline Split Six wheels or the more expensive Beadlocs that you do not have to glue. If you are not too sure about gluing then order the tires on the wheels pre glued, it might save some frustration!

get the streetfighters
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    Duratrax tires are 2.2/3.0 look in the sc section of tires

RC Competitor
    MAN, I love the look of those Banditos; those things rock! Not taking away anything from the Street Fighters mind you, but I dig the whitewall look! So C2 soft and C3 super-soft, I've got that, but will either 3702 or 3703 work on a Slash? I can't find the difference there (specs are below).

Thanks for the tip and all great info to have. Since my LHS has Proline stuff StreetFighters are the likely purchase BUT I'm in no rush since winter has arrived and Sand Paws are going to be the ticket for the next few months...

BANDITO

A tread pattern designed for asphalt, concrete and hard smooth surfaces
    Mounted
    C2 Black
    SC10 4x4: DTXC3702
    SCTE 4x4: DTXC3703
    Unmounted
    C2 DTXC3797
    C3 DTXC3798

RC Competitor
    Are u wanting them Pre-mounted?

I wouldn't buy them premounted.
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    I'm going to invest in some beadlocks, might as well get it over with!

I stopped by my LHS today and not to take anything away from the Duratrax offerings but my shop has Proline gear and MAN do those StreetFigthers look TOUGH! They had them on a car (Losi?) and wow, I almost bought a set right then but restrained myself...

I'll be keeping an eye out and as Spring arrives (if not a bit sooner) a street tire of some kind is going to be bought for sure.

Thanks again and y'all have a good one!