RC Champion

Castle 2400KV Motor Sale in the MP ??

If I get the 1/8 Traxxas Funny Car and part it out can the motor be sold in the MP? Im just curious because it's castle branded but come out of an original Traxxas Production vehicle.
    I just dont want to get points for selling a non Traxxas item

pm a couple mods the well known one's about it and maybe a employee wouldnt hurt either like 3 rolls or nitro chicken since they are the common ones on here. they'll all get back to you very fast. ive had a couple questions that they have gotton back fast same day.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Sounds good, I have seen a few systems from the e-revo for sale in the MP but Im just not sure if they sold really quickly or just deleted by the mods.

IF it is a motor that came with the Funny Car then it is a Traxxas product and can be sold in the Market Place. Keep in mind the burden of proof is on the seller to show it is a Traxxas product. In this case it should be easy as the motors from the Funny Cars are Blue instead of the standard Castle Green. I know the very first run of the Funny Car came with Green motors and that could be a problem.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    IF it is a motor that came with the Funny Car then it is a Traxxas product and can be sold in the Market Place. Keep in mind the burden of proof is on the seller to show it is a Traxxas product. In this case it should be easy as the motors from the Funny Cars are Blue instead of the standard Castle Green. I know the very first run of the Funny Car came with Green motors and that could be a problem.
    thats what i was thinking when i typed that post i guess i should have been a little more direct on that part.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Show ad with no motor FC? Maybe still counts?
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Show ad with no motor FC? Maybe still counts?
    You can sell any Traxxas vehicle with ANY motor in it. The issue arises if you are trying to sell an after market motor on it's own, that is not allowed.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The ERBE and EMBE come with a black motor... traxxas is the only place youll find a black Castle 2200kv motor. So if you see a castle 2200motor for sale in the MP on its own, it will be black and it will be a traxxas only part. BUT, the ESC is the same as any other castle MMM so it would be hard to prove that its a traxxas part unless your selling it WITH a traxxas motor, in which case it makes sense.

The funny car has a traxxas specific motor AND ESC, the look is unique to traxxas so it wont be hard to tell.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

You can sell any Traxxas vehicle with ANY motor in it. The issue arises if you are trying to sell an after market motor on it's own, that is not allowed.
    Yes but is a green can, first run from a funny car, not allowed to be sold in the Traxxas MP even though it was provided by Traxxas initially.
    The blue can is obvious, it says Traxxas on it.

What i was getting at was a pic in the potential ad, showing the funny car with the motor in it, or next to it even. Kinda to say the motor came from here. Especially if DJ is talking about a green can from the original run sent out by Traxxas.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Champion
    Ok, its the green can and honestly it will probably just be easier to throw it on eBay or the other rc forums to avoid a headache
    Just thought I would ask but there is way to much uncertainty and it's not worth getting warning points for
    Mods please delete this thread
    Thanks for all the replies guys

RC Qualifier
    I tried to sell my mamba monster on here the other day and it was deleted, the only way that you can sell any other brand motor and esc is if it comes in a traxxas vehicle, not parted out. It will get deleted
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5