RC Qualifier

Manneīs E-slayer pro build

Hello happy fellas!

Just thought I should post my fifth build here at the forum .

I have had alot of trucks, most recently a totally hopped up Erbe: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...project./page5

A toomuchwrenched Merv:http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...project./page3

And The flux ( wich Iīm currently using most of the five vehicles I have left: https://www.rc-monster.com/forum/sho...t=29831&page=4

The short story is, I have always loved the revo, from the first time I saw Airmaxx23īs movies from back in the begining, and I have had one of my own since the first 2.5 model came out.

The overmodified revo didnīt get much runtime after I got the flux since the revo just couldnīt take what the flux could, but I felt so sad just having it standing there on the bench, so after almost a year of "resting on the bench" I started to convert it into a summit, said and done, ran it for about 10hours total trough mud and rocky sektions, and then I got tired of driving slow...Looked at Nitrocircus live show when they were here in Sweden and saw a trophytruck, and then the idea had come to life.

Itīs nothing too special, the build contains:

Spine is a Summit chassis,
    Greg adler body,
    some alu skids,
    alu servosaver,
    pushrod mod for the rear bulks and bodymount,
    Lst front and rear 1/8 diffs,
    shortned and welded front centershaft from a flux,
    summit axel for the rear center,
    Maxx axels all around ( will swapp them out for some summitshafts if they arenīt up to it),
    MMM 2200kv powerplant.

I have ordered some trencher xīs to fit on some black split spokes, will order slingshots for the winter later on. I may also order the Erbeīs steel centershafts to clean things up.

I never made a thread about the summit build, it was just a stock summit but with the alu stuff named above, and some locked Lst diffs.

Here is the the build:

Revo spec axels, shortned them a bit:

And then mounted the rest of the stuff:

Did some decal changes to the Greg Adler edition, I really donīt like yellow, so I removed the 4wheel stickers and added some other, also covered up some of the "nitro holes":

I think it turned out kinda nice.

Here is a comparision between the trencher x 2.2/3.0 tires and some 2.2 sandpaws:

Next step is to mount the sandpaws on the 2.2/3.0 if they show up before the weekend

Here is my other builds:

Erbe:http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...project./page5
    Merv:http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...project./page3
    Flux:https://www.rc-monster.com/forum/sho...t=29831&page=4

Keep on bashing everyone!

Looks good! Judging by how many people have made E-Slayers, it looks like Traxxas should really make one.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    Thanks alot!

Yeah, I totally agree on that point, Iīm surprised that they havenīt come out with one yet.. I mean, they have all the parts.

I just did the first testrun, itīs amazing! We have about three inches of snow here, but the truck did a great job paddling trough the snow,. Will install some harder springs tomorrow to get a better rideheight, the a-arms are leveled now wich isnīt very good for snow running.

Hopefully I will have time to get some running pics after work tomorrow

RC Champion
    You did a good job

Nice one...I just recently built an eSlayer...looked at your other threads...your Revo sure took some punishment, I bash mine pretty hard but have never broken many parts like you did.

Great threads .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    pics with the new tires

RC Qualifier
    Thanks alot for the good complements.

Yeah the Revo sure did take a whole pile of parts before I was done...

Update:

Here it is, alive in the snow! This truck is a blast, I have found my new love!

Itīs a tad to slow for my taste on 4s with 38/21 mod1 gearing. I will either buy a 36t spur or if thats not enough I will probably step up to 5s

Thats all for now, keep on bashing everyone

RC Qualifier
    i cant see the pics but i cant wait to drive my e-slayer did you use a cover or water proof the ecs for snow running

RC Qualifier
    i can see them now and awesome truck what motor are you running

RC Champion
    that looks so fun
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Enthusiast
    Neat. I want to get mine going so bad

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the kind words!

Itīs a castle 2200kv with the finns removed to fit the Savage flux motormount wich the motor was mounted in before it went into this truck.

I have ordered new shock oil, other gearing, and 5s a few days ago, just waiting for it to arrive so I can try it out, canīt wait!

Dude, looks like alot of fun! I like how you shortend the drivshafts, but if you went through all that trouble, wouldn't it of been better to use Summit shafts? Just thinking out loud here.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    I have alot of new spare parts from the good old Revo time, I had many original revo shafts and stubaxels layin around but only one complete summit shaft, thatīs why I used the summit shaft for the center only. Felt better to use up the old stuff instead of buying new parts again. Been beating it pretty good and no broken shafts so far. Knock on wood

RC Qualifier
    Update:

My 3s has arrived! Labeled to be 20mm longer than the 2s packs but they were identical in length just as I thought.

Re geared and with 5s this thing has really woken up from itīs beauty sleep! Itīs now so awake so it started to melt my center shafts......

This is a brand new summit shaft after just one run...

So it was time for something better, I took a driveshaft from a XXLST, and paired it with the sleeve from a center shaft of a XXLST to achive the perfect length. Some grinding was needed on the driveshaft since the "head" in the joint was slightly too big to fit in the sleeve at the beginning. Turned out kinda nice, should more than well hold up.

And thatīs all for now.

Keep on bashing everyone!