Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

Just joined the merv gang!

I was always into 1/10 but a few months ago I picked up a rc18t for $50 I found myself playing with the mini more than the bigger trucks. But I wanted something a little bigger than the 18t. So merv it is! Picked this one up from a guy on rctech. It does have a lot of integy parts and I hear bad things about them but time will tell. It has rpm arms, rpm steering knuckles, integy cf chassis, multiple blue anodized parts. Aluminum shocks with TiNi shafts, And trx red tubes. Everything is new, never ran. Even new body, wheels, and remote. I paid $300 shipped and to me it was a deal because that's what you pay for a new one. Had to trim the edges of the chassis. Its too wide and makes body stick out on sides. I used a cutoff wheel and trimmed then brushed super glue where I cut so it Dosent get messed up. Here's a pic. Looking forward to bashing this thing!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by josh62685; 12-05-2012 at 01:03 PM.

RC Champion
    Welcome, that looks like a nice MERV you picked up, I'm sure you'll have a blast with it.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    looks very clean ! you got a good deal . first mod i would do is upgrade the stock servo.
    you will have a lot of fun!

RC Racer
    Blasting through the door with a stick of dynamite! That looks too nice to beat the crap out of.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks everyone. I know its too pretty to beat on but I forgot to mention I already have a tenbol motor mount and 4pole 5700 on the way to go with my mmp
    Here are a few more pics.

RC Racer
    Looks like a diamond. Also nothing is too good to beat on in the rc world. I remeber a few years ago there was a bunch of guys at the local track with all aluminum tmaxxs that were more expensive than the nicest 1/8th scale buggy. Probably even more expensive than 1/5 scale and they beat on them.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Qualifier
    I seen that Merv on RCT. Nice score my friend. At least it's the carbon fibre chassis and not the aluminum, should be ok. Now go out and get it DIRTY!

RC Champion
    Wow! Thats a beauty!! Plastic in all the right places. I too joined the MERV life, but it wont be here til Friday.
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. Now all I need are some Velcro straps to hold the battery in and were good to go.

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    That's awesome, have fun with it. If you dont have them, make sure you get RPM arms

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by funnya1b2c3 View Post
    That's awesome, have fun with it. If you dont have them, make sure you get RPM arms
    those are RPM arms.

looks nice