Thread: Traxxas CVDs?

RC Competitor

Traxxas CVDs?

I've been seeing a couple threads for Traxxas CVD kits that are supposedly out for the Slash. I think they're supposed to be like the XO-1 CVDs, just with a Slash stub axle on them. Are they just an RC myth, or are they real and how can I get my hands on a set?

RC Qualifier
    There are part #s posted all over this forum.

Here they are again for you.

Front kit: 6851R
    Rear kit: 6852R

Enjoy.

RC Qualifier
    Thous are the correct part #s. Make sure you do not leave the "R" off the end or you will get the stock shafts.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-for-slash-4x4

Read up on them there.

FYI stormer has them in stock.

Here is a link for the fronts.

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...cs&pn=TRA6851R
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-17-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Enthusiast
    Had a look on fleabay today and 1 seller has them in the states, front and rears.....and yes they are the right part numbers.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastmr2 View Post
    That part number is the stock plastic axles. I google it. every site shows a plastic axle for sale
    the stock part number is 6851 and 6852, if you add the R to the end of them then you get the CVD's
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Competitor
    Placed my order on Stormers today, I'll see how these work out.

RC Racer
    I am wondering how well they hold up myself.
    Let us know when you get them and how you like them.

RC Competitor
    Order shipped today, as soon as they arrive pictures will follow.

RC Competitor
    They are nothing like the XO-1 axle, if you want the best axle for the Slash 4X4 get the XO-1 axles and do the mods I have outlined in my buildup thread, and never look back. Mine have been on for several months and I have had zero problems with them. The Mod can be done with the stock hubs with the right bearings from Boca Bearings. My son has been through all kinds of problems with MIP, and Techno with his truck. Altho the Techno has been the better of the two, he is looking to do the XO-1 mod next. By far the best axles for this truck!

RC Champion
    It's all choice. I've been running mip's for over 2 year without issues and we beat our rc's every weekend. I'd pick up Teknos or Mip's over the new Traxxas cvd's!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    It's all choice. I've been running mip's for over 2 year without issues and we beat our rc's every weekend. I'd pick up Teknos or Mip's over the new Traxxas cvd's!
    I just wanted something that I didn't have to mess with much and figured why not give Traxxas CVDs a shot since I never had MIP's or Tekno's to begin with. I should be able to give a unbiased opinion.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino1 View Post
    They are nothing like the XO-1 axle, if you want the best axle for the Slash 4X4 get the XO-1 axles and do the mods I have outlined in my buildup thread, and never look back. Mine have been on for several months and I have had zero problems with them. The Mod can be done with the stock hubs with the right bearings from Boca Bearings. My son has been through all kinds of problems with MIP, and Techno with his truck. Altho the Techno has been the better of the two, he is looking to do the XO-1 mod next. By far the best axles for this truck!
    Link please for the mod and part Number for the XO 1 and who makes these THANKS

RC Competitor
    Received a package today:

RC Racer
    Get them installed and let us know how they work.
    I am ready to pull the trigger, just want a little bit of a review on them first.
    And thanks in advance.

RC Champion
    Yes please fill us in!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Competitor
    YOU FOUND THE UNICORNS! Not to rush you, but uh, get em on and tell us about them!

RC Competitor
    I will get them installed as soon as I can, right now we are in the rainy season in Germany so my bashing time is limited. I also have some aluminum castor blocks and hubs on the way.

RC Competitor
    I have not got around to installing them yet. Received another package today and will try and get these on before the weekend to see if I can get some bashing time in. Weather is horrible here in Germany right now. This is what's going on the truck:

RC Competitor
    Very nice.

RC Competitor
    Got the rear CVDs installed. Install was easy, will get the fronts done today. Also installed the motor mount and plate. Pictures to follow.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ALopezJr View Post
    Got the rear CVDs installed. Install was easy, will get the fronts done today. Also installed the motor mount and plate. Pictures to follow.
    What I've been waiting for!

RC poster
    Ran my first race with the new CVD's yesterday and they worked great .

RC Competitor
    Front CVD's:

Front:

Top View:

Rear:

Rear CVD's:

Random:

RC poster
    Looks good ^^^^^^

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    What I've been waiting for!
    Pictures posted

RC Competitor
    Install was a breeze, build quality looks great. I haven't been able to try them out yet due to weather.

RC Qualifier
    Looks good.
    I'm interested to see how well they hold up compared to the Teknos and MIPs.

RC Competitor
    Awesome. I just had to replace ANOTHER stock axle on my Slash. Almost made me miss the race.

RC Racer
    hope they are worth the money as I just pulled the trigger on a full set myself.
    We shall see.

RC Competitor
    I just ordered my set Monday from Hobbyetc.com

RC Competitor
    Just got my set! If it weren't cold and dark out, I'd be bashing right now!

RC Racer
    Started installing mine this week.
    Waiting for the STRC chassis to arrive to get everything installed and running.
    I will post feed back once i get it back together.

RC Competitor
    One broke. With only about 6-7 full packs through it, it freaking broke. For what they cost, it shouldn't have broken. I am NOT happy. Traxxas is going to get a phone call on this one tomorrow. I only run 2s LiPo on the stock Velineon system, so it's not like I overpowered them or anything, I competed in the local carpet races here and went out to do some jumping and finish off the pack before I went home and it broke. No insanely hard, high traction takeoffs or braking or any binding that normally causes axle failure, and it broke. So far Traxxas has stood behind their products for me, and if they don't this time, I'm going to be really crabby.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pfleeger2010 View Post
    One broke. With only about 6-7 full packs through it, it freaking broke. For what they cost, it shouldn't have broken. I am NOT happy. Traxxas is going to get a phone call on this one tomorrow. I only run 2s LiPo on the stock Velineon system, so it's not like I overpowered them or anything, I competed in the local carpet races here and went out to do some jumping and finish off the pack before I went home and it broke. No insanely hard, high traction takeoffs or braking or any binding that normally causes axle failure, and it broke. So far Traxxas has stood behind their products for me, and if they don't this time, I'm going to be really crabby.
    Can you post some pictures of the broken axle?
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    that really sucks man, i think thats why i havent broken down and got really expensive axles, cuz they do break also. thats why i just run the stock and don't care if they break cuz they are only a couple of dollars. i feel for ya tho man. i would be calling traxxas also if that were me.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Competitor
    I called Traxxas and they wont warranty the shaft, because they consider it to be a wear part. Which is kinda understandable. They do sell a rebuild kit for it that's about $15-18, depending on where you look. I started a separate thread on this, I've gone more in depth as to the situation. I'll try to get some pictures and post them there, as well.

RC Racer
    Wow, so they think its acceptable to wear down and break that fast? Thats kinda messed up.
    Rally GT8 4x4 in progress.
    FLM Rustler

RC Competitor
    I think it was just some kind of fluke. Anything that sees a constant torque load like that, whether it's factory or aftermarket, is gonna start to wear out. It's just the way things are, but I would expect them to last about a year or so first.