RC Enthusiast

E-Slayer or New LCG Slash 4x4??

As the title says I am between the build of the two of them. I have a 1/16 E-slayer and love it... Now I have a brand new 1/10 E-revo Chassis with 2speed tranny , and a friend who wants to get rid of his pretty much new Slayer.. So there could be the E-slayer there. OR I have a Slash 4x4 roller, I can get the new rally chassis and bulkheads and make a LCG Slash.... I am just torn between the two builds and not sure which one to builD!!! I am not racing competitively, alot of bashing and jumping at the local bmx track... Any input would be appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    A LCG Slash 4x4 would be easyer and cheaper to build. If you build an E-Slayer on the Nitro chassis you will need a Tekno conversion kit $100, Or you can custom make your batterys boxes and mounts but you will still need a motor mount. Then you need to lock your stock nitro 2speed tranny into a single gear and upgrade all of the gears to metal, Another $100. And a motor will cost you from $200+. I like the sayer alot more then the Slash 4x4 though, It's just a little bigger and cooler. Alot of people like myself build the E-Slayes off of the E-Revo chassis, It has a better balance and everything just fits with no issues. You will need a E-Revo chassis, E-Revo tranny, Center drive lineand i think thats it. The front and rear ends from the slayer will fit. You will still need a motor, I have a Momba Monster and it was $275. But the E-Revo chassis is the easyest way i think.
    Slash 2wd LCG,

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the responce, but if you would have read my whole first post, I already have a brand new E Revo Chassis and and 2speed E revo Tranny..... Still not sure which one to build...

RC Qualifier
    After reading the entire post, Ill put in my 2 cents.
    I just build an e-slayer on an erevo chassis. Its a blast, but does have a tendency to flip easier than a slash does. The slayer is a better platform for bashing I think. It has survived flips and jumps that Im still amazed at. Being slightly bigger, it is more suited for slightly rougher stuff too. It also handles slightly while in the air. You will need either 5s+, a 2500kv+ motor or mod 1 gearing however to get it to speed. A nice side benefit is that you can run sct, buggy or truggy wheels. And a revo swap isnt that far away either. I found the suspension more tunable, however it takes more effort to tune it.

I have much less experiance with the 4v4 slash, mostly driving my friends 4x4 and my 2x4. The slash handles better on the ground, no doubt. Its lighter and has a lower cg. It cheaper to run and fix. There is sooo many more upgrade options compared to the revo platform. But it does not handle bashing style jumps as well and taller grass/branches/ect pose more of an issue. If you ever plan on racing, the slash is a no brainer as the eslayer may not be allowed. Slash is build on a more simple platform so its easier to work on for me.

Maybe because its my new baby. Maybe because its actually better for me. Maybe because I have way to many extra parts for it. I like my eslayer for my bashing needs.

For what its worth, I like driving my erevo better, esp while jumping. But Im always worried about breaking something so it gets pampered a bit. Not so with the eslayer. No easy pass for that one.

RC Enthusiast
    Chapinb, thanks for the great response. Now I'm leaning towards the E-Slayer... I want it more for bashing and beat the living out of it. So I guess today I will be stripping down the Slayer to put on my E-Revo chassis
    Last edited by Double G; 12-05-2012 at 01:41 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    So if I gear it right, Can I run the VXL system in it?

RC Competitor
    Also, something pretty obvious, but still worth mentioning, there are far more bodies that fit the Slash 4x4 than there are for the Slayer Pro.
    Formerly Wildjones before forum upgrade

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, I'm back to the LCG slash... 75$ for the conversion and already have a spare VXL for it...

RC Qualifier
    Vxl cannot be used very well in the slayer, you'll have a slower truck and an overworked motor.

You can't go wrong with the slash or slayer so enjoy your build!

You can't go wrong with the slash or slayer so enjoy your build!
    +1! I love my Slayer, can't go wrong with one, unless you hate nitro.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    I do hate Nitro... lol sorry guys!

RC Champion
    why don't you do the E-Slayer now and the LCG Slash later?
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Enthusiast
    SLW-SVT... i needed someone to give me an answer like that to convince me... E-Slayer here we GO!!!!!

RC Champion
    Right on! Post a link to your build thread here whenever you get one started!
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410