RC Racer

New type of diff shim!

I am a manager at a tire/automotive shop in addition I do all my own maitninace and custom work on my vehicals. A wile back my A/C wasn't working but simply the clutch wasn't holding. I talked to another one of the mechanics and he told me often you need to shim the clutch. Well I still had some of the shims and the ones I ordered on ebay won't be here for 3-5 days.

I had to look at my diff because it was clicking bad. sure enought the shims worked perfectly! I will compare them to what the associated ones look like but it seems as if it is a local fix if you have a parts store and not a hobby store! I am not sure how price stacks up either.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    How thick are they?

RC Racer
    They range I didn't measure any of them but I will today. I would think you can get them in most any thickness. I think they are generaly thicker(the I have anyhow) but seems like everyone stacks them so you could use one and not 2-4.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The 21141 are .005 . I have another brand that are thicker but I would say .010 or so would be good but some thinner would be good to fine tune
    Last edited by 50togo; 12-05-2012 at 09:23 AM.

I tried doing that using different shims like from the hardware store I couldn't find the right size but they were out of a lot of ahims too. The one I found was just a tad too thick
    DEU 8:18 ESV