Thread: Did you know!

RC Qualifier

Did you know!

Did you know if you buy proline tires with traxxas rims they wont work. I found out the hard way and had to destroy a set of old tires for the foam inserts
    I BLAME ALL THIS ON POPOXX!

RC Qualifier
    i thought they did work, interesting
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Champion
    Which Proline tires and which traxxas rims, specifically?
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Enthusiast
    My son uses Tazer tires on green Slash wheels with no problems.

RC Qualifier
    5874 and 5876 traxxas and proline badlands 1182-01 the rim on the 2.2 side is dished in and there is a big gap and makes the tire feel flat. So you have to cut your old tires apart and use the foam which is bad because i was going to use them for street tires

RC Qualifier
    Proline still makes little foam rings to take up the dished area on stock Traxxas wheels, or you can make your own out of 1/10 buggy foams. You still won't get the sidewall support of an aftermarket wheel, which, believe it or not, will make the truck handle rough surfaces a little better.

RC Qualifier
    i used trenchers with split spoke wheels, and they worked fine
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Qualifier
    Trust me those inserts are about six years old and they are discontinued heard from the horses mouth or they lied. i did write them and asked for some compensation for ruining my stock tires but all they offered me was fifty percent off a new set

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYHEM6969 View Post
    Did you know if you buy proline tires with traxxas rims they wont work. I found out the hard way and had to destroy a set of old tires for the foam inserts
    You must not have known that TRX has only half the wheel 3" and the other 2.2" rather than the standard which is 3" all the way to the outer bead, essentially the entire width of the wheel. Proline makes a support foam to compensate for TRX's space so you don't ruin foams and tires.
    SSC SLASH 4X4

RC Champion
    5874 and 5876 traxxas and proline badlands 1182-01 the rim on the 2.2 side is dished in and there is a big gap and makes the tire feel flat. So you have to cut your old tires apart and use the foam which is bad because i was going to use them for street tires
    I was really surprised to read about this, since I assumed that TRX wheels and Proline wheels and tires would be interchangable in short course, like they are in regular 2.8" wheels/tires. I looked it up and see what the problem is:

You bought this Traxxas brand wheel (top), as any of us might have:

You bought this ProLine tire:

But ProLine designed it for a wheel like this:

With pictures it makes more sense. I'd be frustrated too. But then I'd just sell the Traxxas wheels on Ebay and buy ProLine or JConcepts standard short course wheels.

In all honesty, I would say this one is maybe a little more Traxxas fault for using a non-standard wheel design for the short course (Slash) wheels when the RC industry has moved to what ProLine and JConcepts are selling. But that's just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are worth!
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Qualifier
    I was just upset because i was going to sand my stock tires and use them as road tires thats all. and yes i agree traxxas should change this wheel it adds more side bite and support

I know with my castle powered truck,and the pro line extended front and rear control arms,I had to go with the off set rims,to keep the wheel base stander-ed,but the low profile chassis kept me out of the class i was shooting for anyway.
    P.S. I didn't buy the pro line arms,as I have banned everything pro line,they came on the truck,but will soon be replaced with rpm,A real product.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlorinTharkun View Post
    I was really surprised to read about this, since I assumed that TRX wheels and Proline wheels and tires would be interchangable in short course, like they are in regular 2.8" wheels/tires. I looked it up and see what the problem is:

You bought this Traxxas brand wheel (top), as any of us might have:

You bought this ProLine tire:

But ProLine designed it for a wheel like this:

With pictures it makes more sense. I'd be frustrated too. But then I'd just sell the Traxxas wheels on Ebay and buy ProLine or JConcepts standard short course wheels.

In all honesty, I would say this one is maybe a little more Traxxas fault for using a non-standard wheel design for the short course (Slash) wheels when the RC industry has moved to what ProLine and JConcepts are selling. But that's just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are worth!
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    I know with my castle powered truck,and the pro line extended front and rear control arms,I had to go with the off set rims,to keep the wheel base stander-ed,but the low profile chassis kept me out of the class i was shooting for anyway.
    P.S. I didn't buy the pro line arms,as I have banned everything pro line,they came on the truck,but will soon be replaced with rpm,A real product.
    +1 ON THE PROLINE BAN i also bought a flotek body no instructions on were to cut out the holes i shouldnt have to go online and search for videos just put instructions in bag

I agree,there getting to darn cheap to print a manual.Some people still don't have computers,and many that do(like me)hardly know how to use them.
    +1 ON THE PROLINE BAN i also bought a flotek body no instructions on were to cut out the holes i shouldnt have to go online and search for videos just put instructions in bag
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.