RC poster

Steering problems Slash vxl

Hi, I,m having a major steering problem with my slash. It took a hard hit coming from the grass to the street(caught the edge of the blacktop). After that it pulls really bad to the right. Everything looks ok. Nothing bent or broken. It pulls so bad that in a big lot it will run in a circle. Any Thoughts??? Could I have screwed up the servo?? thanks for any help!!

You likely tweaked the steering linkage, making one side shorter than the other. You should just have to adjust your turnbuckles.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Check your bell cranks. They are the things that go from your steering linkage up to the chassis. My guess is they got popped out of thier holes.
    There are some kits out there that actually put a bolt thru the chassis into the bellcrank.

Hope this helps.

RC Qualifier
    The bellcranks probably popped out of the chassis. You can fill the holes in the chassis with an aluminum spacer, or some sort of tube, and use some 3x40mm capscrews through the holes that are already drilled in the chassis to hold the "sandwich" together. You will have to trim/grind a few mm off of the screws to make them the proper length.

I couldn't get a good pic from the top, but you can see the ends of the screws in this pic.
    The spacers I used are TRA2539.
    Last edited by Blaster75; 12-16-2012 at 11:36 AM.

RC Racer
    Dang Blaster, that is one clean rig.
    Are those Pro Line skidplates?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks! Yeah, they are PLs. I got super lucky at Mike's a few weeks ago.

RC poster
    Thanks for the info everybody, I will check these things out and hopefully get back on the road.

RC Qualifier
    I bet it's the bell cranks also. If you get a RPM skid plate, there is an extra screw that pins the bellcranks to the chassis through the middle of the skid plate. Mine used to pop out and pull to one side after a hard hit, but after the RPM skid plate, it will never happen again!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrsilv15 View Post
    I bet it's the bell cranks also. If you get a RPM skid plate, there is an extra screw that pins the bellcranks to the chassis through the middle of the skid plate. Mine used to pop out and pull to one side after a hard hit, but after the RPM skid plate, it will never happen again!!
    I personally have had the opposite experience with the rpm skid plate when I used it. The steering bell crank would always pop out on a hard landing even though I had all the screws tightened down properly. I preferred the stock skid plate with the pegs the bell crank slipped onto, but that's just my .02
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

How about the steering servo saver? If you have one it could be the problem.

To fix: turn off power, remove servo saver, center tires by hand, turn on power to servo to center, reinstall servo saver.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

If you have a pro line steering system?Could it have jumped a lope if it wasn't screwed down tight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster75 View Post
    The bellcranks probably popped out of the chassis. You can fill the holes in the chassis with an aluminum spacer, or some sort of tube, and use some 3x40mm capscrews through the holes that are already drilled in the chassis to hold the "sandwich" together. You will have to trim/grind a few mm off of the screws to make them the proper length.

I couldn't get a good pic from the top, but you can see the ends of the screws in this pic.
    The spacers I used are TRA2539.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.