RC Competitor

Exclamation new summit owner

hello everyone, my name is chris, and iv been into rc's now since i was 12. im now 30 and still going strong.
    iv been into the 1/5th scale thing for a while but that just got boring and no where to run hardly without getting the cops called or making the neighbors mad. so a friend of a friend hooked me up with a slightly used (5 runs) RTR summit, and he took my baja 1/5th scale stuff. i also got a complete setup of FPV gear too, but im currently redoing it. i gotta say this summit is bad to the bone!, even though i cant shift into high gear due to a fried servo, its still fun crawling over stuff that i couldnt do before. here is a few pictures enjoy. i also have many more cars then this summit lol.

i took the new body that i bought back on 06 for my MGT, and decided to mount it on the summit instead!

took it out yesterday before and was having a great time till i broke a tie rod on the rear,

other then that this truck has been great, not to happy with the 3000mah batterys but that will soon
    change!!

I like your introduction: it reminded me of a hello at a 12-step meeting. Luckily, toe links are dirt cheap on eBay. But be aware that the rear rod ends differ from others on the truck. They are part number 5348.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-04-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Welcome aboard Chris. I just got mine too a few weeks ago. These things are great trucks for sure

Chris

RC Competitor
    ahh good to know, thanks, and yes i picked up all the links from a sale on ebay. i got all 8 pieces for 4.99 +shipp
    Last edited by cris; 12-04-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: wrong info

RC Competitor
    how hard is it to make this thing rear steering. i bought the steering bell crank and all its parts for $7.50. would i be able to use that on the back?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    There are two build current build threads that do a walk through...
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-My-FPV-Summit
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...w-Summit-Build
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    got the fpv system back in and working. i need to order some different antennas. also i learned that when you see 2 mini servo's for 8.99 on ebay they might be junk. i installed one for the gear selection and it whines and jumps around. maybe i can take the motor out and replace it on the traxxas servo lol. i got one more battery to top off and im going out to play!

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    Welcome aboard and nice pics and info
    I would like to know a little more about your FPV setup. Especially your source for equipment and the specs for your camera and Tx/Rx. Also, what are you using to view your FPV when motoring around?? Feel free to PM me if you don't feel like posting
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You can shift the truck manually if you want. At least that way you can do some high gear stuff. Just unplug the servo (or if its junk anyway, just cut the wire) and manually turn the servo.

great setup. Ive always been intrigued by FPV setups. Ill look forward to seeing how yours is setup.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    You can shift the truck manually if you want. At least that way you can do some high gear stuff. Just unplug the servo (or if its junk anyway, just cut the wire) and manually turn the servo.

great setup. Ive always been intrigued by FPV setups. Ill look forward to seeing how yours is setup.
    well this is my setup, i got all this used so if im wrong on the names im sorry lol.

readymade rc600 camera
    immersionRC 600mW 5.8g transmitter
    immersion rc uni 5.8 reciever
    a inline power filter, NOT a BEC,
    11.1v 2200 20c lipo to power the vtx and camera,
    11.1v 2500 30c lipo to power the reciever and 7 in screen,

i got to redo the camera.

this is my screen setup, its mounted in a plastic case, the reciever has a velcro strip and i attach it to the back. and plug
    the battery in.

RC Competitor
    iv been talking to dave at ReadyMadeRC and thats where i bought my vtx. they have great customer support!

RC Competitor
    took it with me to the lake and did some crawling, i took a video but kinda hard to see,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhH8DNX-LqM