RC Qualifier

Cheap brushless system for ~70$

Hi,
    I have the traxxas slash 2wd. I want to go brushless but not expensive. Im mostly bashing offroad/onroad ~40 mph. Can you guys recommend a good long lasting and reliable brushless esc with motor for around $70?

RC Racer
    i dont know of a $70 system that will do 40mph. at least not without overheating problems. A decent speed control is $60 minimum

RC Qualifier
    How bout just a brushed motor then that will go 40 mph

RC Champion
    Will the stock motor hit that speed with higher gearing? I can't imagine you'd have any off-the-line power though.

RC Qualifier
    I guess, with a good battery too

RC Qualifier
    Some if the clone hobby parts systems will do decent. I spent 90 bucks on a castle system a while back. Castle had a great Black Friday deal going, could still be a few left around.

A 4600kv castle 4 pole motor will do 45mph in a slash with 23/86 gearing on 2s lipo.

RC Champion
    You might look into this option, it's not $70 but it is a brand name based 4-pole motor with ESC for $99.
    http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...ns&pn=DTXC3122

RC Qualifier
    I like that one but i dont think its waterfproof. Thanks tho. But if i buy that will it overheat and break easily?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhurst View Post
    Some if the clone hobby parts systems will do decent. I spent 90 bucks on a castle system a while back. Castle had a great Black Friday deal going, could still be a few left around.

A 4600kv castle 4 pole motor will do 45mph in a slash with 23/86 gearing on 2s lipo.
    Do you have any recommendations for those clone hobby part systems?

RC Qualifier
    check this out. I know baldydaniels has run these in his p2de and liked them. Its a venom 3300kv motor with esc and program card. This i the best deal ive seen on them in a while and its a waterproof system. Also if you search on there for Venom 3300kv there is one up for auction at $49
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Venom-Racing...item27cd4e43c2
    Last edited by cuda0872; 12-05-2012 at 06:46 AM.
    Extended P2de and Mini Summit

RC Champion
    Looking at the above item ^^ I don't see it as a sensored motor in that listing so the function on the card for motor advance timing would not be useable? Not sure of really useable features on that card?
    that link was for $95, same thing available for $50 on Ebay so look around.

If you keep your eyes open for closer to $100 you can end up with a nice Velineon system and have both 2s and 3s capacity and be waterproof!

RC Racer
    in the market place right now there is a member selling a used VXL system for $65 shipped for motor and speed control. his name is DJMAINCHEESE.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    Looking at the above item ^^ I don't see it as a sensored motor in that listing so the function on the card for motor advance timing would not be useable? Not sure of really useable features on that card?
    that link was for $95, same thing available for $50 on Ebay so look around.

If you keep your eyes open for closer to $100 you can end up with a nice Velineon system and have both 2s and 3s capacity and be waterproof!
    Where would i find a 100 dollar vxl? Ihave the xl5 and titan motor maybe i could do the power up program. If i do that how much will i have to pay? And i dont really run lipo batteries. I mean i dont really care if it can use 3s lipo. So you think i should just buy a used vxl and new motor?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda0872 View Post
    check this out. I know baldydaniels has run these in his p2de and liked them. Its a venom 3300kv motor with esc and program card. This i the best deal ive seen on them in a while and its a waterproof system. Also if you search on there for Venom 3300kv there is one up for auction at $49
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Venom-Racing...item27cd4e43c2
    Well i like this one, i may buy it but will it last long? And how fast can the motor go? And if i buy that and plugged in the vxl 3500 motor will it work?

RC Qualifier
    yes it will work with the vxl motor but this already comes with motor and esc so u wouldn't need the vxl motor and as mentioned above there is one on ebay right now at $50 brand new
    Extended P2de and Mini Summit

RC Qualifier
    Well okay, thanks guys!

RC Qualifier
    I JUST GOT A VXL SYSTEM!!!! So happy!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I would go with the REEDY(Team Associated) its cheaper than the VXL. But if you want to spend the money VXL it is
    Well I was just eat'n sum pede and drink-n a slash

RC Qualifier
    But like im scared it might not be durable and strong, so i got the vxl. But i will probably buy that next time.

RC Qualifier
    VXL is great!!! Lots of crazy power on 3s and you can gear it higher than the Team Associated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobiispo View Post
    But like im scared it might not be durable and strong, so i got the vxl. But i will probably buy that next time.
    Well I was just eat'n sum pede and drink-n a slash

RC Enthusiast
    Sounds like you got what you really wanted in the end... where did you find the VXL system and how much did you get it for?