RC poster

Breaking 30mph on my stock set up before upgrading to lipos! Is this possible?

My top speed on my spartan so far is 26.3 mph running on stock nimh battery packs. It is carrying a gps which weighs 7ozs and is located in front of the motor. Maybe the weigh of the gps is keeping the nose down and slowing the boat down. Only thing I have modify is the water cooling system. Bored out the water pick up in the rudder and put in a "y" splitter for the esc and motor with 2 independent water port exits. I just brought a rudder with dual water pickups.

I would like to hit or break 30mph on my stock set up before upgrading it. Is this possible? I all ready try difference position of the batteries. Also re-adjusted transom to factory specs. I plan on looking into my throttle trim ? I would like to achieve this with out using lipos! Using Lipos is too easy I like a challenge and Traxxas said it should able to do it. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

RC Enthusiast
    Idk but you and pavmentsurfer have really got me wanting to see how fast i can run on stock batts and 4s now...lol
    Hopefully i will get a chance tomorrow and i will let ya know.
    With stock prop to right?
    Last edited by Jim82; 12-04-2012 at 08:50 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Be careful Mainly at the time you hit that speed, your NIMH will burn out, just like that happened on mine, NIMH get more hotter when you hit full throttle, except cooler temp. is another issue here?
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.