RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Nitro Slash is out. E-Slayer is the next step?

TRX Folks,

Since SC is the hot thing now, would it be possible to have an E-Slayer based on the 1/10 MMM E-Revo?

Thanks!

Daniel.
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

Is the E-Slayer not the same thing--more or less--as the Slash 4x4? An E-Slayer would be another electric SC.
    The Super Derecho

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes, you can say that. But, it wouldn't hurt to have another SC truck, right? And the only thing Traxxas needs it's a new body.

They can develope and release an E-Slayer, in what, a week, a month at most? Everything else is already available.

I have one, and everytime I look at it, I say, I hate that SC8 body. Or maybe release just a body for the "convertion kit"?

Just an idea... Many of our ideas came true, doesn't hurt to ask and to dream about it...

RC Champion
    I would rather see a Nitro Slash 4x4 to replace the Slayer. I owned a Slayer and it didn't handle anywhere near as well as a Slash 4x4.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Qualifier
    I want to see a 6x6 ya I know... I'm crazy
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWilJas View Post
    I would rather see a Nitro Slash 4x4 to replace the Slayer. I owned a Slayer and it didn't handle anywhere near as well as a Slash 4x4.
    It's not easy and it's not fair to compare a heavy nitro truck with a light electric truck... We should compare an E-Slayer with a MMM and Slash 4x4 with a Velineon...

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko5678 View Post
    I want to see a 6x6 ya I know... I'm crazy
    Please, stay on topic... An E-Slayer is a much more realistic request than a 6x6 truck...

RC Racer
    Would a slayer with a 3.3 be as good as the nitro slash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    It's not easy and it's not fair to compare a heavy nitro truck with a light electric truck... We should compare an E-Slayer with a MMM and Slash 4x4 with a Velineon...

Please, stay on topic... An E-Slayer is a much more realistic request than a 6x6 truck...
    What's not easy, making a nitro Slash 4x4? It would be very easy. The drivetrain wouldn't even need to be much different. Basically take the front and rear end of the Slash 4x4 and bolt them to an aluminum chassis with a center diff/spur directly driving the diffs. Just like a buggy setup. It would be simpler, much lighter and handle a lot better.

I've driven an e-slayer, it handles just like the nitro one.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm not saying it's not easy to build one, I'm saying you can't compare a heavy nitro truck with a light electric truck... I started this thread as a petition, not as a debate, there are many debates on the forum about this... So, hopefully, someday Traxxas will make me and others happy with the E-Slayer as you're happy with the Slash...
    Last edited by danielhr77; 12-04-2012 at 08:26 PM.

RC Racer
    Isn't the Slayer a 1/8 scale technically? That would be the biggest selling point for Traxxas to make an E-Slayer.

I don't know how it is in the rest of the country, but here in the northwest the slayers aren't very popular so maybe Traxxas wouldn't see enough profit margin to make an E-Slayer?!?!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Maybe, but for example, how much profit margin is on the XO-1 or the Funny Car?
    Last edited by danielhr77; 12-04-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Take a breath guys,the Nitro Slash has been announced but it is not even out yet and we are already squabbling about what should be next.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Maybe, but for example, how much profit margin is on the XO-1 or the Funny Car?
    I've been wondering that as well. Especially since the XO-1 is on sale for a couple hundred off everywhere you look.

RC Champion
    the nitro slash looks a lot like the nitro rustler.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.