RC Qualifier

Sending an esc to traxxas: What to do?

I have a vxl esc here that needs to go back to Traxxas for a new one.

I've never sent one back before. What do i do? Do i have to get a hold of them somehow, or do i just box it up and send it? How does payment work? Shipping? etc..

Anything else i need to know?

Thanks guys. Like i said, its my first time sending anything to them, and i know you guys have done it a million times, so who better to ask!
    Traxxas start making dirt bikes! :)

RC Champion
    Okay, first thing is you clean it.
    second, remove it from the receiver.
    third, unbolt the ESC from the mount.

then you are done! Since you are in Canada, go to Canada Post and they should do it for you. The cost it by weight.

Then, you type up a short reason of whats going on, whats wrong with the ESC and print it out to go WITH the ESC, and you put your return address and your contact details (eg, phone number, email, postal code, etc)

For my ESC, I shipped with Canada Post and a padded parcel.

There is different rates too, I used Xpresspost with all the times I sent parts in....

Then you ship it, on average, a month is when I get my parts back. Make sure you call in a week to make sure they got it.
    Address:
    Traxxas
    1100 Klein Road
    Plano, Texas 75074
    USA
    Last edited by traxxasbrothers; 08-13-2010 at 05:55 AM.
    Rustler VXL | Slash | Stampede 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasbrothers
    Okay, first thing is you clean it.
    second, remove it from the receiver.
    third, unbolt the ESC from the mount.

then you are done! Since you are in Canada, go to Canada Post and they should do it for you. The cost it by weight.

Then, you type up a short reason of whats going on, whats wrong with the ESC and print it out to go WITH the ESC, and you put your return address and your contact details (eg, phone number, email, postal code, etc)

For my ESC, I shipped with Canada Post and a padded parcel.

There is different rates too, I used Xpresspost with all the times I sent parts in....

Then you ship it, on average, a month is when I get my parts back. Make sure you call in a week to make sure they got it.
    Address:
    Traxxas
    1100 Klein Road
    Plano, Texas 75074
    USA
    This is perfect. You sound like you work here!
    Roll cages are RC training wheels

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    When Ive sent stuff in, I always call first. Just so I understand what the plan is. If your in canada your going to wait a long time to get it back, so I call to see if they think it will be replaced for free or if its going to cost me money. That way I can send the money WITH the ESC and not waste any extra time.
    Also, I strongly suggest shipping express... simply because it does take a while to get to traxxas and a while to get back. If you ship expedited (the cheapest way with tracking) it can take up to 10 days to arrive. By the time it gets there, youll be wishing youd spent the extra $6 on express. I always try to save money on shipping, then regret it when its taking too long to get to traxxas.
    Just a thought, but id suggest using a box to ship it in. SImply because a padded envelope wont provide much protection for the ESC with the heat sink and wires. If damage occurs during shipping it could seem like it was damaged before shipping and not be covered under warranty or something. I ship in a box to be safe.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    To : 3 rolls - I have 2 VXL esc's to send in for repair / replacement , so I will need to send them with $45 each right ? I tried fixing the on / off button with my knife and it was stuck and I made it worse , the other is just dead (won't turn on ?) .
    ERBE - 8ight T/E - Kyosho Inferno

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 3_rolls
    This is perfect. You sound like you work here!

LOL. The times I've sent in my ESC.. I know the address, and phone number off by heart!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-tmaxx
    To : 3 rolls - I have 2 VXL esc's to send in for repair / replacement , so I will need to send them with $45 each right ? I tried fixing the on / off button with my knife and it was stuck and I made it worse , the other is just dead (won't turn on ?) .
    OH OH OH! (hand up) pick me!

Sorry for stealing this 3 Rolls...

But If you have the ESC under warranty, then you send it in.. No charge, if it's not and the warranty is up.. Then you send it in with the money.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasbrothers
    But If you have the ESC under warranty, then you send it in.. No charge, if it's not and the warranty is up.. Then you send it in with the money.
    Correct. If they are past the 30 day warranty the max charge is $40 per ESC. If the original connectors are in place and the ESC has not been abused or modified the repair charge will most likely be $15 per ESC. Shipping is $5 in the US and that will cover both ESCs.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Qualifier
    Thanks you for the info guys.

So after i send in the esc and Traxxas inspects it, will they call me with the total, and do you guys accept visa?? I
    Traxxas start making dirt bikes! :)

Call us and put your Visa number on file with us. When the Lab techs get to the repair they will charge the correct amount. Shipping to Canada is $15.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Racer
    Can you send cash with the ESC's?
    E-Maxx 3905, Rustler VXL, Pede VXL, Big Block Revo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_42754
    Can you send cash with the ESC's?
    i would not Advise that. Visa would be better.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC poster
    Hello, I have a vxl esc to send to Traxxas and i want to know if it is free for the shipping, 15$ or 40$, because I have everything to send it?

The post 30 day warranty price for the EVX-2 is $45 plus shipping. Call us at 1888TRAXXAS or e-mail support@traxxas.com
    Foghorn Leghorn