Thread: Rear bumper?

RC Champion

Rear bumper?

Is there a different rear bumper or skid that eliminates that piece that hangs down which collects grass..

RC Qualifier
    There are still a few of the increasingly-rare ProLine rear skids floating around the interwebs and less busy hobby shops. Simply the best, unfortunately discontinued some time ago. The RPM rear bumper mount, if properly shimmed and carefully installed, is a good option, if a little fiddly to set up just right.

And how does one properly set one up? Im mounting mine up after work lol
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Washers and shims a-plenty, and if you're mounting it to a plastic gearbox, make sure the screw holes in the gearbox are still in good shape. If any of the holes have any play or slop, the screws will loosen, and the RPM bumper mount will tear itself apart. Truth be told, RPM plastic is not great for something like a rear bumper mount. I've broken a few of them.

RC Racer
    The rpm bumper mount is great. Mine has been on my slash for over 3 years with no problems. I havent broken anything, and nothing is loose. The only thing i did was put a long screw on the middle right screw. Then it was more secure. It has a short screw there that can get pulled out.

all my screw holes are in great shape. but im not seeing where theres really a need for more screws????? any detailed pics at all by chance?
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!