Thread: titanium

RC Champion

titanium

ok, first are gpm titanium turnbuckles any good?

second what do you think about the TiN coated shock shafts? i have them and for the extra $ i dont think they were worth it. my shocks still leaked after getting them and they still get scratches in them. i didn't know if anybody else has noticed a signifigant advantage.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Yes on the turnbuckles.

I have not seen anything bad about the shafts... I did not realize they would have anything to do with leaky shocks though. Usually it is seals that keep fluid where it is supposed to be, not shafts.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    The TiN coated shafts will still scratch but it just takes a lot longer for it to happen. The scratches on the shafts will slowly wear your seals which causes the shocks to start leaking even more.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Qualifier
    Get shock socks
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Turnbuckle Jr.