Nitro Slash begins a new format for Traxxas?

Not a new chassis or new engine, but a new model numbering system! The n-Slash is the first model I have seen with five numeric digits in its model number: 44054. It make me wonder what is planned to fill the empty number spaces between the minis' 7000s and the new nitro Slash's 44000s. One thing is certain: finding out is going to be a fun ride.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Good call on that! Hope its something mind blowing, never seen, and amazing
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

Something is telling me that with the Electric Era of RC's jumping leaps and bounds in efficiency and capacity, and the fact it is a technology that is going to be evolving for a loooong time (says the Nitro guy), I see lots of different varieties/versions as well as models.....

Then again,,, it could be a new accounting system.... You tell me.. loll Let the speculations begin!
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Champion
    Gasser 1/5th scale! Please?????????
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    Gasser 1/5th scale! Please?????????
    I second that! I love gas powered trucks!
    This is a signature.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by snowslider View Post
    I second that! I love gas powered trucks!
    Me too!!! That would be awesome.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

Who knows? I haven't seen Traxxas' Mission Statement nor am I in the board rooms to listen in or provide input into the direction the company is going--something I would like to know. Looking through the history of Traxxas--at least during the time that I've owned one which coincides with the start date on the forums--I guess I can see where they are heading. What is their marketing strategy? Do they plan on flooding the market with a host of variations?
    Someone looking to get into RC starts looking. They see a monster truck but don't like it. Hey! There's an SC truck they have to have. Not nitro but electric. BAM! There's a product there! They don't want an SC truck but the funny car (nitro in the future?) looks interesting and now Traxxas has a customer. That customer may buy more; most of us have.
    Of the most part, we are all brand loyal: Coke or Pepsi (or others produced by them), Ford/GM/Chrysler, Apple/Samsung, et al. There will be people that hate this truck because it does not fit what they wanted for something new. However, I bet they got excited when they saw a truck that fit their desires and others hated it!
    Last edited by Double G; 12-04-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Words of a TRX employee from another forum.

There are some big stuff coming. Traxxas holds the largest share of RC, and that is going to get much bigger with the new products coming out in the next year and beyond. Expect Traxxas-loyal racers to get major support in the future .... :-)

I think he might be up in the ducked work in the ceiling of the board room listening in, sneaky. It will be interesting to see whats to come. I hope they can keep it a secret, till going public, I love surprises.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

There are some big stuff coming. Traxxas holds the largest share of RC, and that is going to get much bigger with the new products coming out in the next year and beyond. Expect Traxxas-loyal racers to get major support in the future .... :-)
    Oh my gosh I can't wait to see what Traxxas comes out with next!!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Or, maybe they've just run out of 4 digits number and need more room...now everything will be 5 digits...lol, just messing with ya all..
    I want to see a whole brand new car/truck that doesn't use any parts from a previous truck or isn't based off a previous truck, something totally outta the water type new.. It would be interesting that's for sure!
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    1/5th scale gasser that isn't going to kill anyone's wallets...
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 12-04-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Non Traxxas
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Champion
    only time will tell

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasSummitCrawler View Post
    1/5th scale gasser that isn't going to kill anyone's wallets...
    exactly what i was thinking, a budget orientated gasser. and maybe a more expensive version with better parts or upgrades kinda like a platinum version for people with bigger wallets

I can confidently say that a lot of the people on this forum and in the rc world, are of a younger generation, which some may or may not have the money to blow on fancy vehicles.

I know myself personally being in university, i do not have much money to spare for extra activities such as RC, skiing, ect. ect. my .02
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

Quote Originally Posted by SLASHPEDE View Post
    I know myself personally being in university, i do not have much money to spare for extra activities such as RC, skiing, ect. ect. my .02
    Wait till you get out of school and have student loans, mortgage/rent, car payments, insurance, children, a dog and a wife.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Something is telling me that with the Electric Era of RC's jumping leaps and bounds in efficiency and capacity, and the fact it is a technology that is going to be evolving for a loooong time (says the Nitro guy), I see lots of different varieties/versions as well as models.....

Then again,,, it could be a new accounting system.... You tell me.. loll Let the speculations begin!
    Yes but I can see nitro coming a good way also.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Wait till you get out of school and have student loans, mortgage/rent, car payments, insurance, children, a dog and a wife.
    Amen brother.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHPEDE View Post
    exactly what i was thinking, a budget orientated gasser. and maybe a more expensive version with better parts or upgrades kinda like a platinum version for people with bigger wallets

I can confidently say that a lot of the people on this forum and in the rc world, are of a younger generation, which some may or may not have the money to blow on fancy vehicles.

Ah, so like trim levels, makes sense.

RC Qualifier
    I can't wait it would be cool to have people put i their input and have them listen!!!

I really want a 1/5 Gasser SC but even used you are looking at almost a grand up here, well as long as you stay away from that redcat cheapo. I really wonder where Traxxas would go with one knowing where HPI and Losi are priced on theirs.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    no student loans for myself unless i change careers which i dont see myself doing, my truck is paid off, insurance sucks and i pay it, no children (thank goodness lol) although i do have a girlfriend and they are not cheap. I'd say im at least halfway there haha
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!