RC poster

Anyone put in some lights for the Boss 302?

So I have been an RC flier for nearly 10 yrs now and just hopped over to rc cars. I have been playing with my boss 302 vxl for a little more than a week and completely trashed the stock body. I was thinking of painting a new one in a modified NYPD trim and for the authentic look decided to put some lights on. Here is my question... if i get a 3 or four channel tx (basically upgrade from the stock one) would i have to change the rx on the car as well??

Appreciate the helpp

I ask because id like to control the lights separately from other functions... man putting on nav lights on a plane was soo much easier lol
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-03-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: post merge

I believe that the receiver should be fine. The factory transmitter only has 2 channels, but the factory receiver (part number 2218x) has 5 channels.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    So in essence... if i buy a police light kit, is it possible to just plug it into an open channel and have it working with another button from the tx. Or do I have to make another switch? I was speaking with traxxas support and he is under the impression that i would have to build and wire another switch...
    The lights i purchased are these: www.rc-lights.com/products/RCL5024.html

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The receiver has power all the time... no matter what it is being fed from the signal of the transmitter. In order to turn on and off the lights (or whatever else you plug in) you will need an Rx switch... the Rx switch takes the signal from the transmitter and operates the lights.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.