RC Racer

SV2Speed controller?

If I read the instructions correctly the SV2 attomaticaly can tell if I am running a lipo and turns on LVD? Thanks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You are right the only thing you need to adjust is the LVD. Factory settings is kind of low, I like to set it at 3.4v

You are partially right. Castle ESC's come with LVC turned on by default. They auto detect how many cells your lipo is, like 2s or 3s, etc. If you are switching back and forth from lipo to nimh you have to manually change the setting on the ESC or run your nimh in lipo mode.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Thanks for the help. I dug a little deeper on castle's web site and found it was defult. I also ran my lipo with caution and it was turned on. I have some NiMH too and just run them in lipo mode.

RC Qualifier
    Bad thing about nimh on lipo mode is that it hits lvc early. Leaving you with short runtimes

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Yea but switching is a pain in the rear. I will be getting my lipo charger tomorrow then I will be running lipo 90% of the time.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Get the castle USB adapter or the field card it will be easier to adjust the settings or switch modes.

RC Racer
    Where does the usb plug into? The reciver port? Sorry I bought this used so that is why I am half in the dark.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Youtube might help you understand better how to use it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by custmemaxx1 View Post
    If I read the instructions correctly the SV2 automatically can tell if I am running a lipo and turns on LVD? Thanks.
    There is no such thing as a lipo detector, there is no way that esc can detect if you running lipo or NiMh....
    It is physically impossible....

RC Racer
    I worded the question incorrectly. But I got it properly answered by myself and others.