Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

RC Champion

QR-1 Came In...BROKEN IN 1 HOUR! PICS INSIDE

So on my lunch break my heli came in adn my coworkers CONVINCED ME to fly it evn tho i've never flown and rc helicopter before. i was planning on takin it home and studying the manual but nope...2minutes later when it was too late i wrecked it in our warehouse. its so sensitiive, i cracked an "arm"

RC Champion
    this is what happens when you touch the rotors at high speed. im such a noob at this guys

RC Qualifier
    Was it impressive? Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyV View Post
    Was it impressive? Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
    very impressive. i only ran it from the manufactured lipo charge but from what i seen...it was a blast until i crashed it. im uploading a quick 19 second vid now to show what's wrong with it. the blades are playing "iffy" on me now. sometimes they some and sometimes they dont. 1 might spin but the other 3 won. etc....

RC Qualifier
    Ouch lol sorry for your mishap, I just ran 2 batteries through mine without any carnage but I must confess I do have some flight time under my belt. This little guy is a busy bee, I'm working on trimming it so it doesn't drift so much without inputs. It goes forward a fair bit without trimming it back. I bumped up the normal mode settings to get more response but I'll probably run it in expert mode as the controls are much more to my liking. So far it look promising, wish I could bind it to my DX7 but it probably won't...

RC Enthusiast
    i got mine in i am not that great with it, i did however look at the manual and everything before playing with it but i have almost broke a propeller.

it is harder then what you will think and takes a bit of getting used to.

i have used two batteries so far trying to learn and the front drifting is alot until you change some of the settings.

it has alot of gain and deceleration on a fast pace.

i also ordered red but mine came in blue ahh well. it's pretty awesome no matter.

RC Champion
    here's the qucik 19second vid showing the rotors not working

RC Qualifier
    You do realise that it has a gyro in it and it only spins certain blades based on how it is held right.........?
    65 mph E-Revo on 6s
    70 mph Stampede on 3s

RC Champion
    yes it is DEFINITELY harder than i thought! i even had to smack it away from me one time because it came drifting towards my face haha. i guess this is a sign saying "maybe it was a bad idea to venture into the heli-hobby"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    yes it is DEFINITELY harder than i thought! i even had to smack it away from me one time because it came drifting towards my face haha. i guess this is a sign saying "maybe it was a bad idea to venture into the heli-hobby"
    Try resetting your stabilization, Video How To

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwdriver View Post
    Try resetting your stabilization, Video How To
    thanks for the tip bro. i seen that vid and did those exact steps and still 2 rotors work and 2 dont

RC Enthusiast
    yep, you broke it.

its loud for such a little thing, my roommate says it sounds like a bunch of bees.

guess see if the warranty will cover.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivele View Post
    yep, you broke it.

its loud for such a little thing, my roommate says it sounds like a bunch of bees.

guess see if the warranty will cover.
    yea i'll probably head to the lhs tomorrow to see if they can fix it. if not i'll wait til january probably to get it fixed. got other things i can do with the $40 replacement plan

RC Qualifier
    Set it flat and see if all the rotors turn, if you hold it on an angle without any stick input the stablization will try to level it so the rotors on the high side will not spin...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastus View Post
    Set it flat and see if all the rotors turn, if you hold it on an angle without any stick input the stablization will try to level it so the rotors on the high side will not spin...
    yea trust me bro i've tried everything, even on all 4's the rotors still dont turn. i just semi took it apart and not wanting to bash traxxas but the way the rotors are receiving it's power is a joke. i'm think that the actual rotor was separated from the base and now i have to match it back to it to make it turn. if that makes any sense. i'll upload pics to show you. i feel it should have been glued.

RC Champion
    im thinkin that when anyone crash the rotor and the power source is separated due to it not being glue. check the pics for better explanation. its comes of too easily for it being a helicopter. crash's are gonna happen.

seems like that end should have been glued together

RC Qualifier
    OK just a thought, that doesn't sound good...

RC Enthusiast

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Sounds like traxxas knows this is a possible issue after crashing now that they have uploaded a video outlining how to fix the problem.

I just dont think a heli, even a beginner quad like this one, is meant to be opened and immediately run in haste without taking things slow...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Sounds like traxxas knows this is a possible issue after crashing now that they have uploaded a video outlining how to fix the problem.

I just dont think a heli, even a beginner quad like this one, is meant to be opened and immediately run in haste without taking things slow...
    sooo true pave.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post

that is usually the case no matter but as usual we as humans like to ignore things, like instructions...

RC Champion
    sorry for the poor grammar in this thread guys! i've been dealing with this heli. dealing with my 1 year old and also watching monday night football. now that i look back. my grammar is soooo poor. please excuse me. im typing fast!

Believe me, im not judging... I can see mine crashed into the Christmas tree immediately after I open it. Hehe.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Grammar is fine. (So is Gramper.) We get what you are saying.

The armature thing is interesting. I see your photos and have watched the tutorial video. I think I've seen another micro-quad with the same type of motor characteristic. My coax uses something very like a tiny dab of liquid electrical tape (aka plasti-dip) to keep the motor can in place. But if I'm understanding the issue, the "bottom" (armature) drops out of the can?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Grammar is fine. (So is Gramper.) We get what you are saying.

The armature thing is interesting. I see your photos and have watched the tutorial video. I think I've seen another micro-quad with the same type of motor characteristic. My coax uses something very like a tiny dab of liquid electrical tape (aka plasti-dip) to keep the motor can in place. But if I'm understanding the issue, the "bottom" (armature) drops out of the can?
    yes KSB you are correct. it dropps out sooo easily to a point where one crash can lead to power not gettin to the rotor. that's the only problem i see with the qr-1. and like i stated earlier. im not here to bash traxxas because truthfully i was having fun those 3 minutes and my co-workers were DEFINITELY thinkin about purchasing. ii just feel that somehting could of been better built when it came to that. especially due to the fact that these are heli's

Could it be glued with a dab of ca maybe? Just to hold it in tight. Just a thought.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Enthusiast
    80 dollars for 3 minutes of fun...that is 26 almost 27 dollars a minute.

now if my job payed me that much that would be awesome.

Most motors in my birds have some black shoe goo-ish stuff on them to prevent them to move within the frame. Maybe a drop of blue Loctite could help. I would not use too much because before you know you disturb the weight balance.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC poster
    They probably will come out with a fix.

First time I went flying it was in a place where there was no wind, and LOTS of room.....

It's not as easy as some thing but the stabilization thing,,,, that's amazing... Cause I really can;t fly very good...

I'm guessing it's a learning curve like my other RC's.... In time and experience less wrecks, less damage..
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC poster
    I am still waiting to get one. Is it worth it or should I get the DR-1 when it comes out? I'm confused.

RC Enthusiast
    it looks like there is replacement parts, so if it is jsut the body and not the motors you might be able to get jsut a body cheap.

i want to so i can have different colors.

I've had a look to see if the support pages were online yet, looks like Traxxas is trying to get them online...

I'm looking into that and will let you all know if I find something out.... I've yet to see any Traxxas model that does not have a full line of support products....
    Robin Williams

Parts list: page 16 of the manual
    Exploded views: page 17 of the manual
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Last edited by Double G; 12-04-2012 at 02:36 PM.
    The Super Derecho

See,,, told you I was looking into it...
    Robin Williams

RC Champion
    i think i would have to replace the motor because i think the crash(s) shorted them. i'll do that first before i decide to send it back to traxxas

RC Enthusiast
    i think i would have to replace the motor because i think the crash(s) shorted them. i'll do that first before i decide to send it back to traxxas
    You might have the same problem I did, I crashed mine and the motor stopped.

If you flick the prop and it barely moves or is stiff then you just popped it out of place.

I watched the vid I posted above to fix it and it takes a little bit of pressure to pop it back.

Just check out the vid it helped me. I have crashed many of many times lately.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivele View Post
    You might have the same problem I did, I crashed mine and the motor stopped.

If you flick the prop and it barely moves or is stiff then you just popped it out of place.

I watched the vid I posted above to fix it and it takes a little bit of pressure to pop it back.

Just check out the vid it helped me. I have crashed many of many times lately.
    Yea see the thing is...my props alll move perfect. 2 of the motors on 1 side arent spinning at all

RC Enthusiast
    Yea see the thing is...my props alll move perfect. 2 of the motors on 1 side arent spinning at all
    look at the wires you might have to open it see if you crimped any wires.