Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    not yet. im just so frustrated with it, i gave up. i'll probably get back into the rc mood this weekend.

As I and Nitronaught too well know, helis can indeed be very frustrating, especially at first.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    my co-workers are asking me about it everyday. i tell them they're the reason its broken!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    As I and Nitronaught too well know, helis can indeed be very frustrating, especially at first.
    this, i have had my ups and downs but last night at work i started to get it and it was glorious.

it's taking a bit since i have never flown anything, traxxas said it had an easy learning curve pfft.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivele View Post
    this, i have had my ups and downs but last night at work i started to get it and it was glorious.

it's taking a bit since i have never flown anything, traxxas said it had an easy learning curve pfft.
    boy were they wrong!

I imagine the learning curve is easy compared to other air vehicles. Ever try to fly something like an MSR? That is what I learned to fly on and from what I have seen and experienced the Quad is a piece of cake to fly compared to the MSR.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    It may be easy for an experienced flyer but tricky for a new comer.
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxprogt View Post
    It may be easy for an experienced flyer but tricky for a new comer.
    correctomundo!

For some reason I find it more easy to control my MSR than my quads when it comes to turning. But taking off with a quad is way more simple.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    If they don't fly right out of the box even someone with experience has there hands full, there is a sheet included with the QR1 that states in large type " PLEASE READ" and I very highly recommend you go through the reset procedure before you even try to fly at all. Mine out of the box was difficult to control, definitely not normal. After performing the reset it is perfect, does exactly what you command and nothing else. Before the reset that was not the case so this is for you guys that may not know what they should act like....

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Lets just say I went through rotor blades like breathing air!!!

But, I also went through a few parts on my first Nitro RC like it was going out of style too!!!
    Definitely not so much and nowhere near as serious these days :COOL:
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 12-05-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Qualifier
    You do realise that it has a gyro in it and it only spins certain blades based on how it is held right.........?
    65 mph E-Revo on 6s
    70 mph Stampede on 3s

RC Champion
    Will see how I do at flying this thing. The only thing I haver ever flown is a AirHogs Helicopter from ToysRus LOL. Looking forward to getting it, I'll read the manual and start off really slow, thanks for the tip on the reset Rastus. I'll make sure I do that right away
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    Will see how I do at flying this thing. The only thing I haver ever flown is a AirHogs Helicopter from ToysRus LOL. Looking forward to getting it, I'll read the manual and start off really slow, thanks for the tip on the reset Rastus. I'll make sure I do that right away
    You'll have a blast with it, I ran 8 batteries through mine this afternoon outdoors in a light breeze, did a few 360's forward and sideways. They happen so fast I can't really see it happen but it does lol. Fast little bird, it cruises right along. No complaints, it's been great so far....

RC Enthusiast
    @ G-Rustler - How's the repairs going man? You know a couple co-works have them on order because of you! Better get to fixing it. Let us know how it's coming.

RC poster
    This is how I got comfortable with mine without any damage. I started with input sensitivities set low-about 25 to begin. Get directly behind the copter-pointing directly away from you. Gently lift off with throttle only-up just off the floor. Cut throttle if drifting/rotating and set down. Do the accelerometer reset if movement is severe. Gently lift off again. Trim for any drifting or rotating as necessary. Repeat the low liftoffs and trims a few times. You can quickly get them to lift almost vertically. Then practice just doing a stable hover and gradually add forward/backwards and lateral movements. I did this in a very small room without breaking any props. Once you rotate the copter where you are not directly behind it, control inputs get complicated quickly. EDIT-be sure to but battery in fully each time (it will affect balance) and even the power wire position can have effect on movement so try to position it the same each time.
    Last edited by bandg1090; 12-08-2012 at 10:41 AM.