Thread: Running time

Hybrid View

RC poster

Running time

Hi

I have a question about the running time on a Summit 5607 with EVX-2 LVD.
    I use 2 x 2-cell 6000mAh 30c lipo batteries and got a running time of 10-15 minutes, is this normal? I have heard about people how´s driving the Summit for at least 45 minutes with the same stock setup, how can it be possible?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackestrong View Post
    Hi

I have a question about the running time on a Summit 5607 with EVX-2 LVD.
    I use 2 x 2-cell 6000mAh 30c lipo batteries and got a running time of 10-15 minutes, is this normal? I have heard about people how´s driving the Summit for at least 45 minutes with the same stock setup, how can it be possible?

Not to sound stupid, but were the packs fully charged or did you run them right from their "storage" mode?? Did you check voltage on the packs before running them?? Just trying to get a little more info here.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha-z View Post
    Not to sound stupid, but were the packs fully charged or did you run them right from their "storage" mode?? Did you check voltage on the packs before running them?? Just trying to get a little more info here.
    Both batteries were fully charged and I measured the voltage before I used them, 8.35v in each battery.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You should be getting over an hour of crawling/trail running with those packs. If your not, something is wrong. either they are nto being fully charged by your charger or your ESC is going into pre-mature LVD... there are only so many reasons for this problem. Those would be the top 2. What type of charger are you using.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    You should be getting over an hour of crawling/trail running with those packs. If your not, something is wrong. either they are nto being fully charged by your charger or your ESC is going into pre-mature LVD... there are only so many reasons for this problem. Those would be the top 2. What type of charger are you using.
    I use a SkyRC B6 ultimate charger with 800 watts of charging power.

RC Qualifier
    Do you run in high or low gear when you get 10-15 mins of run time? And also what's the name of the batteries?
    This is a signature.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by snowslider View Post
    Do you run in high or low gear when you get 10-15 mins of run time? And also what's the name of the batteries?
    I drove on the high gear, the batteries are manufactured by Vapex Technology Limited.

RC Qualifier
    Hmm, I have never heard anything regarding the Vapex batteries, either good or bad. I get about 20-25 minutes of run time using my 5000 mAh SPC ones. Have you had the batteries for a long time, or did you just buy them?
    This is a signature.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by snowslider View Post
    Hmm, I have never heard anything regarding the Vapex batteries, either good or bad. I get about 20-25 minutes of run time using my 5000 mAh SPC ones. Have you had the batteries for a long time, or did you just buy them?
    I purchased the batteries a couple of weeks ago and they has been used ten times. I have tested with other batteries and got the same result.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Your esc must be the issue. Can you test those packs in another vehicle by chance? Sounds like you low voltage is kicking in too soon.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    It does sound like the LVA is kickin' in to early.
    This is a signature.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    If that is the case, check the voltage of the packs and cells once LVC kicks in.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Yes, measure how much mah is going back into the packs. Either your charger will tell you directly, or you can use math to figure out how much goes in. If it's not ~5000 (into a 6000mah pack), then your cutoff point is too early.

I've got 6000mah batts in my Summit, and they last longer than I can stand to drive it... I usually get two full run session out of one charge (I mostly do low gear, though, with just the occasional flip into high gear for fun) - I get 30-45 minutes for each session (so double that - hour to and hour and half - for one charge)
    Two Rusty VXLs, M2Ks 18/83 - Tag! You're it!

RC Qualifier
    I'm running two 5000's and I get about 45 to a hour of crawling and high speed play b4 my LVA goes off.

RC Champion
    On the stock NIMH batteries I got over an hour on a trail drive, high and low gear, nothing major... so there is certainly something wrong with your setup, or your time calculation of 10-15 minutes (which is a HUGE difference by the way)

RC Racer
    Just wondering if they are good quality batteries...
    PHOENIX Bandit,Summit,Funny Car,Darkrayne Rustler