RC Competitor

Erevo brushless or summit

Lookin for insane off road capebilities but also speed which one is best
    Xo-1, rusty vxl, slash brushless i love traxxas

RC Qualifier
    I think that the Erevo is better. It has insane power, but still does good off road. I have both and like the Erevo better. Are you going to buy it new? Make sure to get some Lipos if you are. You can use NiHM batteries, but it does way more pwer with Lipos. And make sure to get a good charger.

RC Qualifier
    revo hands down

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would go revo . Its a blast going fast on the street and can handle great off road too

Jumps nice and level and can take some good drop offs

RC Qualifier
    I should also ask what kind of driving you want to do? And where? The Summit isnt really meant for speed. I have the Summit for driving in the snow, and the Erevo for going fast.

what are you wanting to do Crawl & off road, look at a Summit... stock top speed 19 mph, & water resistant.
    Revo not water resistant & all the speed & power you can handle....basher

off road capebilities but also speed

sounds like you need a Revo......
    Last edited by 87 GN; 12-03-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    lol /posts in a erevo forum and expects unbiased results
    basicly if you dont want to try some low performance rock crawling, get the revo (i say low preformance against high rated rock crawlers built for one purpose)

RC Racer
    I have both a E-revo Brushless and 2 of the 1/10 Summits. Honestly The REVO is a insane sports truck with lots of speed and lots of repairs on 6s lipos. The summits I have had one for a month now and running it on 4s lipos it has had no broken parts that I am aware of and it is a great beginner truck on a REVO platform. IF you dont have loads of cash to spend on repairs and don't want to work on it a lot then go with a summit. The summit will run a good 25 mph on 4s lipo the revo will run around 45mph on 4s lipo depending on pinion and spur gears. If you stay on a 4s lipo system for the revo you will have less repairs but you will still have repairs at some point. Wheelies = repairs, Jumps = Repairs, Crashes = lots of repairs. Get my drift.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think repairs are part of the deal on any rc.
    I would get the revo when my merv was stock it was faster than the summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i have them both and i got rid of my summit before i even got to finish building it lol. one night i was just staring at them both and got to think, why do i need a summit when this ERBE is all that i need hahahaha.
    ERBE hands down for me.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC Racer
    I hear you guys. The Revo is a power monster/above 4s lipo got to upgrade money pit. But I do not recommend it for a beginner. It is a car for an advanced rc driver. All I am saying is until you get it fully upgraded it will be a lot of work and little fun. I am in the process of buying all the nessary parts plus some to make the bullet proof e-revo. And it is costing a lot.

RC Champion
    Repair costs are also inversely proportional to how well you drive the car. I run 6S almost exclusively on my Revo and my repair costs are usually parts that simply wear out due to normal wear and tear, like the shafts that will twist over time and eventually snap. There's always the occasional crash that will break something, but after running this setup for a few years now, that doesn't happen all too often. I'm not sure what "fully upgrade" it means, but all you really need is some RPM A-Arms up front and some True Tracks in the rear and the truck is as durable as you can reasonably expect it to be. If you like to run 6S and pull backflips all day, then add a set of Summit shafts to the upgrade list

I have both...I use them equally as much. They are both a lot of fun .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    I have 3 summits and 2 revo's. both are good. But if you want to run the revo on some really off road area Then don't forget to use the proper gearing.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Qualifier
    The revo is a better all around basher. If you plan an anything really rough or water intensive - water beds, rock crawling, trail running - the summit is hands down king. The summit also more durable, but most of that durability comes from the slower speeds and less power.

A merv or 1/16 summit isn't comparable in the least to what the big brothers can do.