Thread: My sons slash

RC poster

My sons slash

I have to admit I am impressed with the durability of the Traxass Slash, I bought my then 5yr old a Traxass Slash for Christmas 2 years ago. He has beaten the crap out of it and it keeps on going. We are on his 4th titan motor(the only weak spot on the truck as far as I'm concerned). With the exception on the nerf bars he broke his first part on it racing indoors on carpet this past October. We race on a small carpet track indoors in the winter and on a large outdoor 1/8th scale track in the summer. he bashes the crap out of it outside summer and winter. He broke the front hub on the right side, I replaced them both with STRC aluminum pieces that I bought over a year earlier off a friend that had sold his slash, I figured what the heck he is gonna break one sooner or later. The only other upgrades I did is a Spektrum radio matched with a reciever I already had, a nice $75 upgrade. I have been running him with an old Venom 5000mah 25c lipo and just got him an SMC 5000mah 30c for $25 and man does that thing rip, SMC also has other higher mah and higher C rates for cheap and they are great packs.

I have been on here reading for a while now but never posted before, but I am really impressed with how ong this truck has lasted and how durable it is, thanks Traxass for putting out a great product.

Yes they are tough,keep replacing those titans,and your repair bills will say very low.
    But go velineon 3500kv, you wont go thru motors,but he'll start breaking a lot of other things.
    and that's a middle class brush less system,but it is water proof.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    More than Likely he will be getting a brushless hobbies 80 amp esc and a 17.5 to put in it for the summer, his truck is a little slow on the big 1/8 scale size track we race on in the summer. I would never turn him loose with a velenion, way more than he can handle.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jwiggins88 View Post
    More than Likely he will be getting a brushless hobbies 80 amp esc and a 17.5 to put in it for the summer, his truck is a little slow on the big 1/8 scale size track we race on in the summer. I would never turn him loose with a velenion, way more than he can handle.
    You can always gear it slower or leave in training mode or selectively set throttle limit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    You can always gear it slower or leave in training mode or selectively set throttle limit
    Agreed that's what I would do. Then he can take it in the puddles if he wants as well.

And when he gets better at driving take it of training mode
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC poster
    velenion systems are not legal to race in the stock SC class. I just put the STRC LCG kit on it and man does it make it stable, he is gonna be flying next weekend at his next race.

RC Racer
    The STRC kit is legal?
    I hope your son realizes what a great Dad you are. I am in my 40's and just got into the RC thing. My Dad was here a month ago and he asked about the Slash. I told him that I could finally buy my own after him buying ones when I was younger and he would run them and break them. Then I took it to the back yard and he said it was nothing like what he was buying me in the 70's.

Have fun.

RC Competitor
    Good to hear. I got my son the GraveDigger Monstaer Jam last Christmas, and this year I got him a Slash. We have a lot of fun bashing our RC's.I am very impressed with Traxxas' durability, as well.
    No Honey, I have had this one for a long time....

Looking to adopt?
    nice man,early fifty's.
    And all I want for xmas,is my two lipo's and one castle 3800kv system.
    Or live in tooter,can teach your son slash racing tips,with my new slash.DAD!lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jwiggins88 View Post
    I have to admit I am impressed with the durability of the Traxass Slash, I bought my then 5yr old a Traxass Slash for Christmas 2 years ago. He has beaten the crap out of it and it keeps on going. We are on his 4th titan motor(the only weak spot on the truck as far as I'm concerned). With the exception on the nerf bars he broke his first part on it racing indoors on carpet this past October. We race on a small carpet track indoors in the winter and on a large outdoor 1/8th scale track in the summer. he bashes the crap out of it outside summer and winter. He broke the front hub on the right side, I replaced them both with STRC aluminum pieces that I bought over a year earlier off a friend that had sold his slash, I figured what the heck he is gonna break one sooner or later. The only other upgrades I did is a Spektrum radio matched with a reciever I already had, a nice $75 upgrade. I have been running him with an old Venom 5000mah 25c lipo and just got him an SMC 5000mah 30c for $25 and man does that thing rip, SMC also has other higher mah and higher C rates for cheap and they are great packs.

I have been on here reading for a while now but never posted before, but I am really impressed with how ong this truck has lasted and how durable it is, thanks Traxass for putting out a great product.

I got my oldest grand son 11 straight a student,a stock 2wd slash,middle gs 8 hope he passes,a eiecirtx circuit,two youngest,21 month's,and two years,push button make noise,and go.
    Now three girl's,14,13,11.
    All ideas welcome,Ive seen girls with rc trucks. But I guess it's close.
    And you guy's think lipo's cost,a pair of genes,must be a certain name brand of course,$80 easy.
    And why is it,when we were young,xmas took forever to come?Now I think it's easier to put a sheet over the tree.
    It seems like the fewer years we have left,the faster they go.

RC Competitor
    My oldest son and daughter both had electrix circuits. They are durable. However, we are getting numbers 4, 5, and 6 Traxxas vehicles at Christmas.
    No Honey, I have had this one for a long time....