RC Racer

does a black chassis make a MERV cooler?

i am selling a merv in the marketplace with a regular color chassis and i was wondering if it is worth the time and effort to dye the chassis.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC poster
    well it definitely makes it faster! I dyed mine black and i think it came out really cool(it was easy too)! But through thorough observation on ebay and the marketplace it doesn't seem to add much value for the buyers. At least thats what i think.

RC Racer
    ya i have done one before, but i am selling my last merv and dont know if i should dye the chassis to help it sell.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC poster
    it couldn't hurt. If there were two cars going for $250 (same exact deals) and one had a grey chassis and the other had a black one I personally would bid on the black one. I'm kinda a details kinda guy and I think it looks better and it shows that you put some work into your car. it will also give you a chance to clean and rebuild your car.

RC Qualifier
    Personally wouldn't bother as it would take a lot of time and may not increase final selling amount for you. Having said that I'm just about to dye my merv as part of the re-build process cuz I think a black chassis looks really cool. I guess its a personal thing and for me, when buying a second-hand RC, i like ones that haven't had too much done to them, the newer and cleaner they look the better for me. It's a personal thing. I like to do the modding myself. But, i totally agree with the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by winkstoyz View Post
    it will also give you a chance to clean and rebuild your car.
    That will help. Even things like good pictures and description and extras listed clearly may help significantly.

RC Qualifier
    A rust colored chassis makes a slash unique tho...