RC Competitor

How to make a revo faster?

Anybody wanna tell me how to make a revo faster? I'm am brand new to nitro RC. Have two electric slash's never touched a nitro car but had a friend give me his revo 3.3 cuz he doesn't drive it. Any help would be great

RC Qualifier
    Um different engine, new carb, rb mods.com lol are you wanting torque or top end???

RC Competitor
    Im lookin for top end

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnzillia54 View Post
    Um different engine, new carb, rb mods.com lol are you wanting torque or top end???
    If you do reply, could you include info about getting more torque? I need torque and park need top end.

RC Qualifier
    Well if you want to buy an engine an OS. .21tm would be a great choice for an engine.. But if you want to keep the 3.3 you can send the engine off to they do a great job!!!
    Also you can look at eBay for a ss mods crankshaft these options will give you both of what you guys want..
    The last thing I have from you if a carb and you can but different cars on the 3.3 and it will give you more throttle response and top end and more torque as well there is a thread in here all about the carbs but I can't ding the link lol it's too early on the morning lol
    Hope this helps

RC Qualifier

How much money do you want to spend? All else being equal if two engines turn 35k rpm they should have the same top speed. Gearing is the cheapest route to get what you want. If you want more down low power then gear it lower but if you are looking for top speed then gear it higher. With the same engine you cannot have both low end power and top speed unless you modify the engine to make more power. Or get a different engine.
    You could mod the 3.3 with AB Mods, RB Mods, get a different pipe or go with a bigger engine. Also, what good is all that power if you cannot put it to the ground? A good clutch would be on the list too.
    The fact is, we all could give you a host of different options but you have to determine what set-up works best for you.
    Last edited by Double G; 12-03-2012 at 12:23 PM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Thank you guys for your time and help I appreciate it I will look into it a little more

RC Champion
    I would start with a 36 tooth spur instead of the stock 38. To make up for the loss in low end torque you could get a THS or Extreme RC mods pipe.....those pipes will also gain you some top-end. Lose the ez-start, reverse, reverse servo, opti-drive, and one steering servo. The best option for engine starting is a bump start, but the pull start or roto start will save some weight too. Then find a nice set of racing wheels and tires with the same diameter, but less mass.
    Another thing to consider is fuel. Try some fuel with about 12% oil, like Byron's. Traxxas fuel is very oily and will slow you down.
    After that, an OS 21tm or Picco .26 would be two very good engine choices.
    Last edited by lubecakes; 12-03-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Enthusiast
    how do i ditch the reverse? And why only use one servo? will that not understeer possibly?

RC Champion
    One steering servo will save weight and battery life. You can use one stock servo but most guys will get an upgraded unit.
    You need a forward only conversion to ditch reverse, but it's cheap and will eliminate a fair amount of weight.

RC Competitor
    So if I ditch the EZ start it will really make that much of a difference in weight?

RC Racer
    Bashing, driving in the street. I doubt ditching the ez start will make any kind of difference. Racing. Maybe so, but not without any other modifications and depending on your driving skills. Since you said your new to nitro, just drive it as is. Learn to tune it and replace parts as you break em unless you got cash to dump in it however you want. With nitro's you want to learn how to properly tune them before dumping a bigger engine in it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ausher1880 View Post
    Bashing, driving in the street. I doubt ditching the ez start will make any kind of difference. Racing. Maybe so, but not without any other modifications and depending on your driving skills. Since you said your new to nitro, just drive it as is. Learn to tune it and replace parts as you break em unless you got cash to dump in it however you want. With nitro's you want to learn how to properly tune them before dumping a bigger engine in it.
    Speak for yourself. Losing the ez-start, reverse, and one servo makes a huge difference.

RC Qualifier
    For hot about gearing... Hey it was pretty early that morning lol that's also a good way..

RC Enthusiast
    how do i lose reverse?

RC Champion
    You need a forward only conversion for the tranny. I'll post a part# later, gotta go to work.

RC Qualifier
    FOC kit , TRA5394X. I would try the losi 3.4 carb and aftermarket pipe. Those will be my next upgrades...less the FOC...I still like the reverse mod I've done...still working