RC Qualifier

New Slash 4x4 MMM owner

So I just bought a slash 4x4 from a guy off Craigslist. It has the mamba monster 2200 kv motor and monster max esc. He has the esc zip ties to the top of the battery compartment. Now when I swap the reciever box to the front mounting spot, do I need anything different or can I just unbolt and bolt it back down in the front? I am getting the esc mount tomorrow so I can mount the esc right in front of the motor. And I wanna know if there is anything else I need for swapping where the reciever box is to the front?( same screws?)
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

I put the reciever box in the front of my first 4x4. All the same screws fit. Just be sure that he kit you get to mount your esc comes with screws.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    The really long screws right? And he has red wheels on the front and black rim wheels on the back. I believe the black wheels are from the ultimate edition. Not sure tho. Any suggestion on nice bashing/racing tires?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

traxxas emaxx
    the proline calibers are pretty nice for racing

RC Racer
    hey we are still waiting for pics of this deal.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Qualifier
    sorry chevy, i can't get my camera to charge for some reason, been trying to figure it out getting

btw, the reciever box does not fit on the forward mounting area, i am gonna have to get a new one.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    this is my $200 Slash 4x4
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    you are lucky i would buy for 225
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Qualifier
    I don't know chevy.....for 225 better come with nice'r front tires!!!!! LOL!!!! But for reals, that's a smoke'n deal!!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

the stock receiver box will fit, you just have to use the outer holes along the edge of the chassis. it sort of fits in an L shape around the servo. it's a tight fit but it'll work. most guys end up using the stampede 4x4 or rustler receiver box though. NICE buy for $200.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Qualifier
    you got a great deal for 225

RC Racer
    i should have got that guys email or number and bought that from him before you could.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Qualifier
    haha chevy, your funny guy , i cannot get the esc programmed back to normal. i didn't know what setting he was running it on so i wanted to set it back to stock lipo default. now i was messing with it and now forward is reverse really fast and no forward when i hit reverse. i think i accidently set reverse to forward and no forward when i hit reverse. its all messed up, anyone know how to set this mamba monster max esc back to normal?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    here she is after i got the correct esc mount and correct reciever box, the stock reciever box would not fit in the front mounting position.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    Yea the stampede receiver box works perfectly up there

RC Qualifier
    yup sure does, the original one does not work cuz the mounting screws are on the side, not the long side.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    yes, all of the others told you wrong. if i had got on here earlier i would have told you. but thats a sweet deal. ill give you 275 right now hahaha
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Qualifier
    yes i got a sweet deal, i have a stripped hex screw that i am trying to get out right now, i have one of my bits super glued in the head and letting it dry right now, see if it will come out
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    where is the set screw located? usually in most cases you can take a dremel with a disc on it and cut a slit in the screw then use a small flat head to back it out.

RC Qualifier
    it is actually seated inside plastic, its one of the gearbox cover screws, well the glue did not work at all. and i dont have a dremel
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    any ideas on how to get this screw out? can i drill it out?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    why do you need it out?
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Qualifier
    do not drill it out. if you drill too deep you might go to far striking your slipper or center diff. i would definately get a dremel, they never let you down and you will use them constantly in this hobby, if you dont have the budget for that go get a stripped screw removal bit set for a drill at any hardware store. make sure the bits are small enough for the hex shape though.

RC Qualifier
    i just realized that it was one of the motor mount screws, there is nothing underneath the screw, i have about three quarters of the head of the screw off with my dremmel i got last night, now i just don't know how i am gonna get it out of the chassis, any ideas? i am really clueless about this one. and another question. how do you change the spur gear. i am going to try and start tearing this apart and cleaning it, and just to know how it all comes apart and goes together. anyone have a slash 4x4 with the mamba monster max 2200kv and can tell me how to gear it with 4s total lipos?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    you should not have dremeled the whole head off the screw. now its stuck in there. you should have put a disk head on the dremel and made a slit in the head, then used a flat head to take out the screw.

how to change the spur, you have to take the entire rear end off, it is only four screws though so its not a big deal at all, then you will be able to slide the spur out then you take it apart to change it. and gearing depends on what you want your car to preform.