Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxprogt View Post
    I dont have the gpm pinion because i bough the ring gear on its own to try out first. I didnt know the gears teeth would be a different shape then the stock teeth. As posted earlier, there is a whole diff gear set that gpm makes but its out of stock in a lot of places. Im going to buy the pinion and spider gear set as soon as i can and ill post about them.

I still have a ways to go before i got all the parts i need for my truck so i might be awhile. Hoping to have it running by new years X)
    Keep us posted mate .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Gpm in Hong Kong has the set in stock. Regular freight isn't too bad either

RC Champion
    Ok so i maybe in a tuff spot here. I cant find any place that has the pinion and spider gear set in stock. Iv sent a email out to one of the shops asking when they will have them in stock and there reply was that (they are discontinued) O.O Even GPM that shows they have some dont seem to really have them. I can do with out the spiders but with out a matching pinion, these ring gears might be out of the game

I called my local hobby shop to ask if they had any after market gears or diff housings. They have some Integy diff housings but the guy says that companys are no longer making after market diff hop ups because the stock equipment is strong enough and no one orders them hop ups.

He says if im blowing diffs that the only thing that needs to be done is to shim them up and not to shim them to tight.

I do see a lot of discontinued rc parts that are still being listed on some sites. They really need to take them adds off
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I found some in kong kong gpm. I will try to find the link
    Email here he has some cs@gpmracing-parts.com
    Last edited by 50togo; 12-11-2012 at 09:55 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Posted twice

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    I found some in kong kong gpm. I will try to find the link
    Email here he has some cs@gpmracing-parts.com

find me a link
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

RC Champion
    man looks like ima have to drop 70+ on 2 sets and ima have 2 spare ring gears XD

Ill post my findings as soon as i get my truck together. Thanks peeps
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Qualifier
    Would you guys recommend getting two of those to replace stock diffs on a basher ERBE?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would run them.in sets if you can afford it
    I would think the extra pinions are longer for the 3.3

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    I would run them.in sets if you can afford it
    I would think the extra pinions are longer for the 3.3
    wo are the 3.3 pinions longer? i thought only the emaxx pinions where longer.
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The 8690 set that has the long pinion says trx 3.3 maxx t/E-mail maxx

I looked at all the exploded views of these models 3903; 3908; 4907; 5309; 5603 & 5608 and they all use the same traxxas #5379X part number...my understanding is that the pinions are all the same length. I know between my mates 3908 eMaxx and my 5608 eRevo there is no difference in pinion

The description for the RRP #8690 does say its for TRX 3.3 T/E-MAX...not sure how that works with the longer pinion if all the models above are using the same traxxas ring and pinion gear part number...#5379X

If you look at model 4910 (T-Maxx) pre 2002 I think, it uses a different ring and pinion to all the models listed above...Traxxas #4981, it might be a direct replacement for this model .

I have never owned a T-Maxx, eMaxx or 3.3 Nitro...IDK, maybe someone can clarify this for us??
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i have a few in the back but i just put one of them back together after having it apart . i might have some old diffs laying around .back then had to keep spare diffs and a spare transmission in my bag .along with axles and other parts my big block used to tear something up every run

Well look at that! Its the same. Old t maxx with a spool and Robinson racing gears!
    Last edited by 50togo; 12-12-2012 at 05:02 PM.