RC Qualifier

Body Post Marker???

i was searching the web for something to mark the underside of a body for reaming out the post mount holes....and i came across this...can someone tell me how these things work....

and...what is the best way to mark a body for reaming out holes???

the item description is: These are the Trinity No Brainer Body Post Mount Caps. FEATURES: Constructed of steel with rubber O-rings, inside of each marker is stepped to accomodate most 5mm, 6mm, and 1/4"" body posts Works with most popular touring cars Slip over body post mounts

sorry...its a newbie question...i know...it's just that i've never done it before...

RC Qualifier
    also...these hole punches...what do they even look like...and how do they work?

and when i say how do they look like...i mean with the plastic cover off...how in the world do u punch holes with something like this?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks like you set it on your post and lower the body and marks the spot
    The punch would have to be very sharp and put a block of would underneath and give it a smack
    Now this is only my opinion!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    thats what it looks like to me also "goes on to your body post" then drop the body for marking. the way i do mine is with taping the inside with blue paint tape and then end of the body post i use marker (sharpie) then quickly drop the body in. once the marking is there, i use my step drill bit to punch the hole.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    The best, cheap, & easiest way i've found to mark your body holes is: By mounting ( clear body of course ) where you want it and use a sharpie to mark the holes. Most of the time the bodies will have an overspray mask if not you can use alcohol or hand sanitizer to take it off afterwards. I alway reem my holes before painting a body. If you have one thats prepainted or a stock traxxas body you can use white out ( on the body posts ) and carefully set your body on there, then reem the hole and clean your body posts afterwards.

That tool you listed seems to be pretty kewl. Good option and idea if you are confident in doing what I just mentioned.
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 12-12-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I do the same as diggerpede...mounting a clear body on top of the body posts and marking my hole locations on top of the body.
    Rock n Rolla !