RC poster

1/16 Grave Digger problem (slow start)

I just bought a mini Grave Digger for my son for Christmas. When I tested it out I noticed that it accelerates slowly and then goes full speed. It feels like the speed controller is limiting the current when starting from a stop. Is this normal? It doesn't wheelie from a stand still like the Grave Diggers that I've seen on youtube. I broke in the motor by just driving it around at half throttle for the first pack. I didn't think I would have a problem with the motor since my Slash motor is still going strong after a year and it wasn't broken in at all.

RC Qualifier
    Is it used? Cogging is assoc with brushless motors but it doesn't sound like yours is stutter starting. Could be a loose wire.
    BB MERV/550 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC poster
    It's brand new. It doesn't cog. It feels like it's getting 50% power for the first few feet.

RC poster
    The LED on the ESC is red so the low voltage detection is off.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    If he had to break in the motor I assume that it is brushed therefore will not cog.

It could be a faulty ESC...
    I would start by resetting everything to factory settings, then call Traxxas if the problem persists. They are very good at taking care of their customers!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Thanks for your reply.
    I'm not planning on driving it again until I give it to him for Christmas. I'll see what happens.