Thread: Help me guys!!

RC poster

Help me guys!!

so i am sorta new to this RC thing and have been learning and learning about little things about the MERV. So today i installed the pinon gear that came with the kit and hooked up the series connector and put two full charged 1200 mah 7.2 volt batteries (just the stock ones, i have four.) and then powered the car up. The ESC then started blinking red and green at me and i dont what it means. I tried the two other batteries and they did the same things. The car runs amazing in the paralell mode and i love it to pieces i just wanted a bit more speed out of it and was wondering if you could help me figure it out thanks!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Is your esc in lipo mode? Series is pretty hard on everythingso be careful

RC Qualifier
    if you do not have your merv geared for that series connector, i ran mine for 2 min in my kitchen just to try it and i couldn't even touch my motor it was so hot. if you use that series connector make sure you do test runs and keep an eye on the temperatures or you are for sure gonna burn up that esc and they are not cheap, just make sure you have it geared right for the series. i believe that you have to use the 23t pinion with the series connector.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC poster
    how do i check for lipo mode i didnt know i had a different mode for different batteries. All i know is it is blinking Red and Green and will not move. i have steering, just know throttle what so ever. after i take of the series connector i can put the parallel on and it runs just fine same with the single battery just not with the series connector.

RC Qualifier
    this might help if you read this...may help you understand your esc a little bit and might help you figure out your problem...
    http://traxxas.com/support/Programmi...-Speed-Control
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    sorry double post
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

It's probably in Lipo mode telling you that the voltage of the 2 batteries in series is too high. Connect a single battery, switch the ESC on. After that press and hold the ESC button until you hear a chime. If it goes from low to high, you end up in Lipo mode (Low Voltage Detection switched on). If it goes from high to low, you end up with LVD off.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by davyjones'_fleet View Post
    this might help if you read this...may help you understand your esc a little bit and might help you figure out your problem...
    http://traxxas.com/support/Programmi...-Speed-Control
    Hey thanks i read this and i think this will work! it has always been green when i turned it on. i thought that just meant that i had power and it was supposed to be like that but the way that is saying it is supposed to be red! Thanks a whole bunch for the help all of you!!