RC Qualifier

Best tie down straps?

Hey guys, need someone to tell me what are the best ratcheting tow straps? I need an idea since my broke yesterday trying to pull out a fourwheeler until I had to get the tow strap. I'm not looking for anything fancy, looking for ratcheting and have a hook end that closes. Thanks.
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

i picked up a couple at Harbor frieght a couple months ago they have different load caps even tow straps up to 20,000lbs or more. i just picked up a set for 600lbs
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Cool, I'll check those out

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Kinedyne Steadymate straps are, IMO, the best of the best. Its what we use in our business every day.

Take a look at their cinchtite 5 and 6 line. They arent the cheapest, but after going through, literally HUNDREDS of the cheapy straps we have never actually had a steadymate strap fail or wear out. We ran over one with a truck and the mechanism got bent... otherwise they seem to last forever. HUGE working load limits as well.

If you look at alot of highway trucks, they use Kinedyne straps to secure their loads. Kinedyne is the commercial parent company that produces the Steadymate line of consumer straps. IMO, your better to spend a bit more money on quality straps that will last you for years than buy multiple sets of cheap crap that will wear out and fail... and have lower load limits.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Kinedyne Steadymate straps are, IMO, the best of the best. Its what we use in our business every day.

Take a look at their cinchtite 5 and 6 line. They arent the cheapest, but after going through, literally HUNDREDS of the cheapy straps we have never actually had a steadymate strap fail or wear out. We ran over one with a truck and the mechanism got bent... otherwise they seem to last forever. HUGE working load limits as well.

If you look at alot of highway trucks, they use Kinedyne straps to secure their loads. Kinedyne is the commercial parent company that produces the Steadymate line of consumer straps. IMO, your better to spend a bit more money on quality straps that will last you for years than buy multiple sets of cheap crap that will wear out and fail... and have lower load limits.
    Thanks bud! Ordered a set of them!

Tell em the crew from dirttrax sent you... makes me look good. hehe.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Haha, Will do! Thanks again!

RC Champion
    Good thread! I've been hunting for some good straps to tie down the race boat. We've used quite a few cheap ones and none hold up. I'll have to check out those Kinedyne Steadymates.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    Just got my Kinedyne 6s today. They are awesome! Too big for what I was planning on using them for though. I wish the site had specs. They really do seem to be the best straps I've ever used. Thanks for the recommendation Pave!

Sent from my iPad mini

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    Just got my Kinedyne 6s today. They are awesome! Too big for what I was planning on using them for though. I wish the site had specs. They really do seem to be the best straps I've ever used. Thanks for the recommendation Pave!

Sent from my iPad mini
    got any pics?

Hehe... sorry man. We use the 6S for just about everything. We have PILES of the other sizes around but when you want to secure your ATV to a trailer (or a diamondback truck cover) and you want it to STAY PUT... they are the only ones to use. Their other models are great too for smaller jobs.

The cinchtite 5 is the smaller size ratcheting strap. Theyre great too and weve never had a situation where they werent strong enough. Thats probably what your looking for. The other ones dont have ratchets on them. I never feel completley comfortable with non ratcheting straps.
    Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 01-02-2013 at 03:14 PM.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    I'll take some now.

That's a 16th Rally in the background.

Sent from my iPad mini

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    I'll take some now.

That's a 16th Rally in the background.

Sent from my iPad mini
    those are sick! Loving them! Loving the rally as well!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Hehe... sorry man. We use the 6S for just about everything. We have PILES of the other sizes around but when you want to secure your ATV to a trailer (or a diamondback truck cover) and you want it to STAY PUT... they are the only ones to use. Their other models are great too for smaller jobs.

The cinchtite 5 is the smaller size ratcheting strap. Theyre great too and weve never had a situation where they werent strong enough. Thats probably what your looking for. The other ones dont have ratchets on them. I never feel completley comfortable with non ratcheting straps.
    They work... I just wish the loop was a little shorter on the one end so I didn't have to wrap it around the winch post 3 times. They are SO much better than anything I've used before though. I still can't believe the price too! It's about double what you'd pay at Wal-Mart or a similar store but these things are wayyyyy nicer and you never regret buying quality... especially towing thousands and thousands of miles ever year and knowing your cargo is secure for each and every one of them. Now I gotta see if I can't work out a little sponsorship for the race boat we're already the right color.

Sent from my iPad mini

RC Racer
    All I use is Kinedyne straps, haven't broke one in 5 years, and I'm tying stuff down every day.