how to flip things for money

what is something that i could flip to make some cash?
    not that hard and make at least 30$

i want some more money as i dont have my little `business`going and i havent had a job since the summer when i worked at my dads factory
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Anything. Anything you can buy cheap and SELL FOR more. There is a difference between what something may actually be worth, and what people will actually pay for it. Try something you know. For example, say you are really into iPods, and you know for sure a certain model sells for $300. Look to find one for $250 and scoop it up then resell it for $300, possibly somewhere that has a bigger/more suited audience. Sometimes buying a lot of something and selling the individual items can make some $. Also always try to bargain, 9 times out of 10 say if something is listed for $100 and you show up with $80 cash in hand they will take it.

RC Champion
    Video games are great to re sell. I make money all summer buying them at garage sales and reselling them on craislist.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    Yard equipment is something you can buy cheap in the fall and winter and sell it for a lot more in the spring or summer. Lawn mowers and weedwackers and stuff. If you can buy used ones and fix them, even better.
    Land of the free?

RC Champion
    If you're good with your hands restoring furniture, light fixtures, ^lawn equipment^, or small engines, etc.
    Go around to antique malls, flea markets, and find stuff that's a little worn and faded. Fix it up and sell it.
    The mall that you bought it from might even re-purchase it.
    Matthew 7:7

I'm great at fixing small engined things! I love working on them, there're alot of fun. I've fixed riding lawn mowers, (I've gotten 3 for free, over all I sold them for a total of $600... ) push mowers, snow blowers, weed trimmers, anything with a engine on it. People tend to throw them away, or get rid of them when they still have alot of life left in them. Most are easy fixes, like replacing a spark plug, or cleaning the carb out, or a fuse. I just sold a Craftsman Track 5hp snow blower for $210. I bought it for 20$ It's because of that I afford to get my 1/10 Summit. I'll the snow blower needed was a new head gasket and a auger belt. $30 in parts, $160 in profit. It's a great, fun, easy way to make money.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    i buy rc stuff for cheap... example i bought a traxxas 4x4 for cheap and sold the eletronics and made my money back and then some.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I'm great at fixing small engined things! I love working on them, there're alot of fun. I've fixed riding lawn mowers, (I've gotten 3 for free, over all I sold them for a total of $600... ) push mowers, snow blowers, weed trimmers, anything with a engine on it. People tend to throw them away, or get rid of them when they still have alot of life left in them. Most are easy fixes, like replacing a spark plug, or cleaning the carb out, or a fuse. I just sold a Craftsman Track 5hp snow blower for $210. I bought it for 20$ It's because of that I afford to get my 1/10 Summit. I'll the snow blower needed was a new head gasket and a auger belt. $30 in parts, $160 in profit. It's a great, fun, easy way to make money.
    I heard about that snow blower you sold! That's pretty sweet

How do you figure out what's wrong with it ?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    I heard about that snow blower you sold! That's pretty sweet

You basically learn the basics of how they work (not too hard), then work your way up until you get good at diagnosing problems.
    Like Wolf, I enjoy trying to fix anything with an engine or motor in it. I'm fascinated by them to an extent
    Matthew 7:7

Ya.
    Do you think these would be good starter projects?

I have a 1981 John Deere galaxy ride mower and it needs a new battery and then fix the mower and put it back on?

I also have an old push mower Idk what's wrong with it

Once I get some money I want to restore my 1971 skidoo that my dad said we were gonna restore when I was three.
    I think its a TNT or something. I don't even know if it's fan or liquid!!

Ok, this might take a bit of typing, but here is how I do it. I saw it for sale, and all it said was, "Craftsman snow blower, sitting for 2 years, not running." But at that price I just bought it. I have, what some people call a gift for fixing things. I love it and I'm really good at it. When I got it the first thing I did was do a compression check on the engine, and the compression was really low, at 15 psi. It was supposed to be 90 psi. So I took the head of, checked the valves, but they'd sealed well. Checked the piston/bore, and it still sealed well. I started looking at the head gasket, and go figure, there was chunk missing. After I replaced the head gasket, I cleaned out the carb and cleaned off all of the carbon out of the combustion chamber. I tore apart the entire thing to re-lube and clean the bushings and the drive assembly. While I was takeing it apart, I found the auger drive belt was stretched out and worn out. To make a long story short, after tunning the carb, changing the oil, and putting every thing back together after I replaced the bad parts, I used it a few times to make sure everything worked well.

I have a 1981 John Deere galaxy ride mower and it needs a new battery and then fix the mower and put it back on?
    Sounds easy, a new battery is only $30-40. What's wrong with the mower deck? Sounds like the John Deere would be the easyest to fix.

Ok, this might take a bit of typing, but here is how I do it. I saw it for sale, and all it said was, "Craftsman snow blower, sitting for 2 years, not running." But at that price I just bought it. I have, what some people call a gift for fixing things. I love it and I'm really good at it. When I got it the first thing I did was do a compression check on the engine, and the compression was really low, at 15 psi. It was supposed to be 90 psi. So I took the head of, checked the valves, but they'd sealed well. Checked the piston/bore, and it still sealed well. I started looking at the head gasket, and go figure, there was chunk missing. After I replaced the head gasket, I cleaned out the carb and cleaned off all of the carbon out of the combustion chamber. I tore apart the entire thing to re-lube and clean the bushings and the drive assembly. While I was takeing it apart, I found the auger drive belt was stretched out and worn out. To make a long story short, after tunning the carb, changing the oil, and putting every thing back together after I replaced the bad parts, I used it a few times to make sure everything worked well.
    Did you snow blow people's drive ways for extra cash

Did you snow blow people's drive ways for extra cash?
    Nah, Most people just wait for the snow to melt. I was just too lazy to wait for it to melt.

Sounds easy, a new battery is only $30-40. What's wrong with the mower deck? Sounds like the John Deere would be the easyest to fix.
    I honestly don't know.
    Maybe there might not be anything wrong.
    All I know is 3 years ago when I was 10 my dad fixed the thing and I drove it. It sat for a year since its so slow, plus I have my Polaris sportsman to drive around...

Nah, Most people just wait for the snow to melt. I was just too lazy to wait for it to melt.
    I'm not even sure if that makes sense should the people waiting for it to melt be lazy

RC Qualifier
    Here if you don't shovel your sidewalk and someone falls because of it they can sue you for big bucks

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    Here if you don't shovel your sidewalk and someone falls because of it they can sue you for big bucks
    This is sad, but what things have come to these days.
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    It's not "your" side walk, the city owns it, let the city shovel it, it's their responsablility.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    It's not "your" side walk, the city owns it, let the city shovel it, it's their responsablility.
    ''There are two basic rules,'' said Ross Sandler, director of the Center for New York City Law, a nonprofit educational organization at New York Law School. ''The first rule is that the city is responsible for the condition of the public streets and sidewalks.'' And that, Mr. Sandler said, includes the responsibility for removing snow from public sidewalks.

But, he said, ''the second rule is that the city requires individual land owners to clear the snow from sidewalks abutting their property.'' And he added that the courts have upheld the right of local governments to require property owners to maintain public sidewalks adjoining their property.

BTW sorry for taking this off-topic, would love to hear more tips on making money

RC Champion
    You can flip rc cars.
    I bought a revo 3.3, Slayer 3.3, and a t-Maxx with an OS .18, and an extra trx 3.3 for $250.
    Sold the t-Maxx for $65 (didn't know if it ran or not), Slayer for $125 with a 2.5 (put the 3.3 in a revo roller I bought for $50), then sold the Revo 3.3 for $300.
    Sold the extra 3.3 to my brother for $40.
    I didn't intend to flip all 3, all I wanted was the revo, but ended up selling all 3 since the roller I bought was really nice and had some upgrades, so kept that one.

I used to buy a house, fix it up and sell in a year or two for a nice profit but that's about impossible now. Now I'm stuck with 2 houses... Doh!!
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...