RC Qualifier

Pearl harbour pics!!!!

Hey guys i got these in a email i dont know if any one else did but WOW i just had to share these with whom ever did not see them. just amazon kinda left me speechless.

jato armed rusty 3.3
    :)

RC Qualifier
    that is amazing and sad at the saME TIME.
    i am the most modest man, thats why im better

RC Qualifier

like i said i just wanted to share...
    jato armed rusty 3.3

RC Qualifier
    I know here this is what it said in the email i recieved..

first part:
    PHOTOS STORED IN AN OLD BROWNIE CAMERA

Thought you might find these photos very interesting; what quality from 1941.
    Pearl Harbor photos found in an old Brownie stored in a foot locker. and just recently taken to be developed.

THESE PHOTOS ARE FROM A SAILOR WHO WAS ON THE USS QUAPAW ATF-11O.
    I THINK THEY'RE SPECTACULAR!

PEARL HARBOR
    December 7th, 1941

secound part...

Pearl Harbor

On Sunday, December 7th, 1941 the Japanese launched a surprise attack against the U.S. Forces stationed at Pearl Harbor , Hawaii By planning his attack on a Sunday, the Japanese commander Admiral Nagumo, hoped to catch the entire fleet in port. As luck would have it, the Aircraft Carriers and one of the Battleships were not in port. (The USS Enterprise was returning from Wake Island , where it had just delivered some aircraft. The USS Lexington was ferrying aircraft to Midway, and the USS Saratoga and USS Colorado were undergoing repairs in the United States ..)

In spite of the latest intelligence reports about the missing aircraft carriers (his most important targets), Admiral Nagumo decided to continue the attack with his force of six carriers and 423 aircraft. At a range of 230 miles north of Oahu , he launched the first wave of a two-wave attack. Beginning at 0600 hours his first wave consisted of 183 fighters and torpedo bombers which st ruck at the fleet in Pearl Harbor and the airfields in Hickam, Kaneohe and Ewa. The second strike, launched at 0715 hours, consisted of 167 aircraft, which again struck at the same targets.

At 075 3 hours the first wave consisting of 40 Nakajima B5N2 'Kate' torpedo bombers, 51 Aichi D3A1 'Val' dive bombers, 50 high altitude bombers and 43 Zeros struck airfields and Pearl Harbor Within the next hour, the second wave arrived and continued the attack.
    When it was over, the U.S. Losses were:

Casualties
    US Army: 218 KIA, 364 WIA.
    US Navy: 2,008 KIA, 710 WIA.
    US MarineCorp: 109 KIA, 69 WIA..
    Civilians: 68 KIA, 35 WIA.

TOTAL: 2,403 KIA, 1,178 WIA.
    -------------------------------------------------

Battleships
    USS Arizona (BB-39) - total loss when a bomb hit her magazine.
    USS Oklahoma (BB-37) - Total loss when she capsized and sunk in the harbor.
    USS California (BB-4 4) - Sunk at her berth. Later raised and repaired.
    USS West Virginia (BB-48) - Sunk at her berth. Later raised and repaired.
    USS Nevada - (BB-36) Beached to prevent sinking. Later repaired.
    USS Pennsylvania (BB-38) - Light damage..
    USS Maryland (BB-46) - Light damage.
    USS Tennessee (BB-43) Light damage.
    USS Utah (AG-16) - (former battleship used as a target) - Sunk.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cruisers
    USS New Orleans (CA-32) - Light Damage..
    USS San Francisco (CA-38) - Light Damage.
    USS Detroit (CL-8) - Light Damage.
    USS Raleigh (CL-7) - Heavily damaged but repaired.
    USS Helena (CL-50) - Light Damage.
    USS Honolulu (CL-48) - Light Damage..
    -------------------------- -- ---------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Destroyers
    USS Downes (DD-375) - Destroyed. Parts salvaged.
    USS Cassin - (DD -3 7 2) Destroyed. Parts salvaged.
    USS Shaw (DD-373) - Very heavy damage.
    USS Helm (DD-388) - Light Damage.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minelayer
    USS Ogala (CM-4) - Sunk but later raised and repaired.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seaplane Tender
    USS Curtiss (AV-4) - Severely damaged but later repaired.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Repair Ship
    USS Vestal (AR-4) - Severely damaged but later repaired.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Harbor Tug
    USS Sotoyomo (YT-9) - Sunk but later raised and repaired.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aircraft
    188 Aircraft destroyed (92 USN and 92 U.S. Army Air Corps.)
    jato armed rusty 3.3

RC Champion
    thats why,next time you see a guy in a uniform,or an old guy at a parade,go up to him and thank him for his service and sacrifice,and pray for all the guys who didnt come back home,a lot of boys woke up that sunday morning just to get killed..........
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bus7
    that is amazing and sad at the saME TIME.
    It is just incredible to looks at it. Makes me feel like God is the real tycoonman.
    Parts Broken: 13
    Grape POP 'n' staples

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Those are incredible pictures thank you for sharing those. Those guys paid the ultimate price and were ready to defend there country. GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Qualifier
    yeah these pics just made me speechless all i can say, I think it is really neat and fasinating that these havent been out and some one found them in a old case and they turned out so awsome.

thats why,next time you see a guy in a uniform,or an old guy at a parade,go up to him and thank him for his service and sacrifice,and pray for all the guys who didnt come back home,a lot of boys woke up that sunday morning just to get killed..........
    I grew up in the Marines i totaly know where that comes from, I talk to all the Soldiers i see and just thank them For everything they are willing to do for the country. And this is coming from a pretty shy fella, Soldiers are like family.

HOOAH!!!

Joe
    jato armed rusty 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    i have seen those very pics before. i have a book with them in it as a matter of fact. the book only concerns the attack on pearl harbor. the 2 ships side by side in the dock that look ruined are unless i am mistaken the cassin and downes. the ship behind them is the pennsylvania. a few of the shots look like they are of the arizona. hard to tell though.

with all that being said let me point out a few things. the oklahoma was eventually rasied and sold for scrap. however on the way to be scrapped the ship sank. nevada was the only battleship during the attack that was able to start moving. however her captain decided that to prevent the harbor from being blocked if the ship sunk he would beach the ship. the utah during the attack rolled onto its side and sank. it was never raised. the big explosion pic is of the uss shaw's forward magazine exploding.

here is a navy link to information on the attack:
    http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq66-1.htm

believe it or not the first shots fired in the attack were from a us navy destroyer. the uss ward. sunk a japanese midget submarine that was trying to sneak into the harbor. the ward survived the attack and was sunk later in the war.

DO NOT think i am saying anything bad about the pics. merely pointing out that they have been seen before.
    Last edited by 69Malibu; 03-31-2009 at 06:19 PM.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    Thats kewl! thanks for the site man... its nice to have some info about them though. what book is it that the pics are in that you have??? Could you check and see if its the same pics it would be kewl to know. Thanks for the heads up i still love the pics someone sure did catch some crazyness in action.
    jato armed rusty 3.3

RC Champion
    We showed them what America was made of when we struck back
    http://students.umf.maine.edu/~donoghtp/hiroshima4.jpg
    What shall I put here?

RC Qualifier
    kkaaaabbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

thats all i have to say about that lol
    jato armed rusty 3.3

RC Champion
    I grew up in the Marines i totaly know where that comes from, I talk to all the Soldiers i see and just thank them For everything they are willing to do for the country. And this is coming from a pretty shy fella, Soldiers are like family.

HOOAH!!!

havent heard hoo aaah in a long time,man that brings back some good memories..............

Joe[/QUOTE]
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    found the book. here are pics:

there are plenty of somewhat graphic pictures in the book. like you see a car that got hit by an anti aircraft shell. and some other stuff. go to your local library or buy a copy of the book.

RC Qualifier
    havent heard hoo aaah in a long time,man that brings back some good memories..............
    i would wake up every mourning to the men running up and down the street and boy does it bring back the memories ...

and 69 thanks for taking the time to do that...
    Last edited by josef15111; 03-31-2009 at 06:59 PM.
    jato armed rusty 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    no problem.

RC poster
    A friend of mine just visited Pearl Harbor today..

RC Champion
    That is sad, but we did return the favor.
    I have monkeys dancing in my pants!!!

If you have not been to Pearl Harbor, GO! I was there a year ago (almost exactly!) and it was fantastic! Will definitely go back there again.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-MXer
    That is sad, but we did return the favor.
    What we did to the Japanese and Germans is down right awe inspiring.
    English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G
    If you have not been to Pearl Harbor, GO! I was there a year ago (almost exactly!) and it was fantastic! Will definitely go back there again.
    I've been too. It really was an experience. I won't be buying any Japanese cars.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

I was watching the Discovery Channel, they showed how quickly some of the ships that were hit got put back into service.

We were very lucky, circumstances in recovering from the attack was actually very quick. Many ships didn't have full crew onboard while in port, this is normal. The #s of caualties could have easily been quadrupled. The port lanes were cleared in a matter of days. In less than 1 month many of the ships were not only made seaworthy but went out to sea as soon as they were repaired. Since Hawaii was a service orientated port all the materials manpower and machinery required to repair the vessels was right there. Not like sinking them out at sea where recovery of the ships would have been a totally different story...

added note: Didn't see any aircraft carriers on that list correct? They were out at sea..... If we had a few of them in port things may have been extremely different.....

As far as anyone who served our country either civilian or military, Thank You...
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Qualifier
    I am loving all teh info you guys are posting here its nice to read this stuff. i do a lil searching on the net from time to time on certain things that catch my intrest and this is one of them if you al have any info you wanna add please do so. thanks

if you guys have any Other pics post away i would love to see them and Malibu69 my BEST friends Mother has been at our library since like day one lol im haven her get me that book thanks again for posting it for me....
    jato armed rusty 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    no problem josef. and nitroaught if the carriers had been at pearl they would have been the main target. as it is the attack only killed the battleship as a combat ship. it showed how one battleship was outmatched by an aircraft carrier. also in world war 2 one other ship type proved itself. the submarine. after pearl subs and carriers were crucial in the war effort. i plan on sometime going to pearl. there are a few other books similar to waht i psoted. msot of them show the same pics but are all very good quality books. if you want to read about one group of heroes who are very special look up the doolittle raid.
    Last edited by 69Malibu; 04-02-2009 at 12:25 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm 31794ty's little brother and i have to do a tribute and some facts about Pearl Harbor.This helped a ton i always knew traxxas forums were great for homework.
    Last edited by kyler160; 04-02-2009 at 02:33 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I'm 31794ty's little brother and i have to do a tribute and some facts about Pearl Harbor.This helped a ton i always knew traxxas forums were great for homework.
    \

Thats really good to kow its nice too see people actually learn something
    jato armed rusty 3.3

RC Champion
    wow thats so cool and sad all at once.
    i bet my Quad could out RIP your Quad!!

RC Enthusiast
    I Live On Oahu At Pearl Harbor ANd I Have A View Of The Whole Harbor That Was bombed I Can Upload Pics If Anyone Wants Nay Of What It Looks Like Today Let Me Know. We Get Some Pretty Good Sunsets Here.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by OAHU_SPARTAN View Post
    I Live On Oahu At Pearl Harbor ANd I Have A View Of The Whole Harbor That Was bombed I Can Upload Pics If Anyone Wants Nay Of What It Looks Like Today Let Me Know. We Get Some Pretty Good Sunsets Here.
    That would be awesome, especially with D Day two days away.
    Could you take some pics from the same perspective these photos were taken?
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoroller13+ View Post
    We showed them what America was made of when we struck back
    http://students.umf.maine.edu/~donoghtp/hiroshima4.jpg
    They awoke a sleeping giant wen they bombed us.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    My great uncle was on the Uss Arizona. he survived the attack. he passed away three years ago at 95. His ashes were buried in the harbour shortly after his passing. he had some great stories about being there.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Qualifier
    We are studying WWII in history right now and now this thread, (from 2009), such irony...
    Never trust a fart.