Thread: Servo problem

RC Qualifier

Servo problem

So let me start and say I LOVE my car... It is epic! But, one day I was driving and it stops... I've had a servo burn before so I figure it was the servo... (Great) So, I have an extra and I put it in! I have some problems with the linkage and all that but i finally get it right... Then I leave it cause of school... And a few days later, I go to drive it... I put my batts in and start it. BUZZZZZ *great* so I check it out... No problem... So what are your guys thoughts on a new servo... Only restriction is no bec... Thanks!
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

Hitec 85MG or the Bluebird 390 are good upgrades. No BEC necessary.
    If the gears are ruined, you can also just replace those as the cheapest option (on short term).
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    I checked the gears and their fine. Thanks Pete...
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

RC Qualifier
    Another good upgrade servo (including the ones that pete mentioned) is the corona ds238mg which I run and a few other people, and the best thing about it is it's only 8$
    "With Great Speed Comes Great Repair Bills!"

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run the hitec 5085. Has held up great with no problems

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertron2000 View Post
    Another good upgrade servo (including the ones that pete mentioned) is the corona ds238mg which I run and a few other people, and the best thing about it is it's only 8$
    Can we specify which work with stock arm and don't need mods? I'm pretty sure the BB390 works as direct swap, but unsure about the Hitek or Corona you mention - ??

Just want to get a couple in the spares box just in case...

thx!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    HiTec is not a direct drop...
    I know that much.
    I would like to know on the Corona as well.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think the corona use the stock arm but I wouldn't trust a 6.00 servo on a 70+ mph run!
    I upgraded to an aluminum horn while I installed the hitec not that hard!

Info about the Corona can be found here: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...S238MG-came-in
    The Hitecs need a different horn. The Bluebird doesn't.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas! You guys need to get on the ball, scrap that micro servo already

I say that with the best interest in your products
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    I think the corona use the stock arm but I wouldn't trust a 6.00 servo on a 70+ mph run!
    I upgraded to an aluminum horn while I installed the hitec not that hard!
    Lol, I hope it does because I just ordered that servo when I ordered the got2gorc... And for the reference it's 8$ not 6$
    "With Great Speed Comes Great Repair Bills!"

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertron2000 View Post
    Lol, I hope it does because I just ordered that servo when I ordered the got2gorc... And for the reference it's 8$ not 6$
    You'll be happy with the Corona servo, I've been using mine for a while now running up to 63 MPH without any issues at all. Just because it's an $8 servo doesn't mean it's going to fail on you or shouldn't be "trusted", you have nothing to worry about. If you have doubts just do some Googling and you'll find that the Corona servo actually gets a better "consumer rating" than the Hitec but it's really just a matter of opinion. My Hitec 5085 didn't last long at all before the plastic gear stripped but others have had good luck with them. You don't need anything other than the stock horn and hardware to get it installed, You may want to make the small servo linkage adjustable just to make it easier to get the steering centered and help with any possible binding issues.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.