Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

Lets see your Scale projects.

I have seen a couple posts of some rides and some full out projects. I am a big car/truck/bike, whatever fan. Lets see what you got.
    Here's my wide booty conversion on my vette.

before

After, with my wheels widened.
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC Competitor
    Nice looking 'Vette. Here's our scale projects...

'70 383 Plymouth Cuda

'69 Dodge Dart (has a 440 stroked out to ~469 or so)

Video of the Dart running and some revving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDqDfKwLHGQ (You can see the 'Cuda in the background )

We're definitely a MOPAR family for muscle cars.
    Formerly Wildjones before forum upgrade

RC Racer
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    DJ

RC Racer
    Here is my 98' Mustang that I had before my vette.
    Pulled the engine and tranny out to wax the engine bay and clean all wiring.

After installation

It's a 9psi Procharger W/3-core intercooler and a TKO 5-speed (Was and automatic originally)
    DJ

I wondered how people got the engine bay so clean, but man that's a lot of work. Thankfully I have a Jeep and we pride ourselves on mud. I'll post some pics later but so far it's been lifted 2 1/2" and has the front locked on 31's. Pretty mild compared to other Jeeps.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by djbrun View Post
    After installation
    Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Thanks, it was 10 years old at the time of this photo. It also had a full coil over Bilstien suspension with am IRS I installed from an 03 Cobra.
    BTW, it only takes a little over two hours to yank the engine and tranny by myself, it's pretty easy to work on. The IRS took a lot longer, I had to mock up the fitment several times (Forgot about my external fuel pump.) before designing the brackets.
    Pic of the IRS in progress

All back together.
    DJ

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, it was 10 years old at the time of this photo. It also had a full coil over Bilstien suspension with am IRS I installed from an 03 Cobra.
    BTW, it only takes a little over two hours to yank the engine and tranny by myself, it's pretty easy to work on. The IRS took a lot longer, I had to mock up the fitment several times (Forgot about my external fuel pump.) before designing the brackets.
    Pic of the IRS in progress

All back together.
    Now that just looks nasty fast!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Champion

Got it free and have been tinkering with it for the past couple years. Nothing huge.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Racer
    I sold it to a fellow engineer that worked for a German RF generator company that I work with. He did not take care of the car all that well, my wife said he didn't deserve it and told me to buy it back. They wouldn't sell it to me anywhere near the price I sold it to them for. Now it sits in their driveway doing nothing. In this pic it is still the factory paint (10 years old.) and I am sad that I sold it to someone who doesn't drive it, or take care of it.
    I also put a custom sound system in it. Let me see if I can find some pics.
    DJ

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post

Got it free and have been tinkering with it for the past couple years. Nothing huge.
    I love the rally wheels, does it have a 305 in it?
    DJ

RC Champion
    I love the rally wheels, does it have a 305 in it?
    Thank you, yes it has a 305, eventually I hope to install an LS1 with a vette tranny. Solid car, not the sportiest looking but it can be made sporty lol.

RC Racer
    I actually like the body lines, and you can't go wrong with an LS motor in my opinion. It's good to do something different.
    DJ

RC Qualifier
    LS7 ZR1 engine? hahaha
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Racer
    Found a couple pics of the trunk area of the mustang.
    I had to wait for The low profile subs to come out, they fit in the spare tire compartment. It has a 6 channel Audiobahn amp with JL audio components, (The crossovers are underneath the Ford rear speaker enclosure, so you can not see them in these pics.) Phoenix gold base cube to remotely adjust the bass, and an Alpine head unit.
    I travel for work sometimes and need my trunk, so I had a company in Arizona make the faux floor with covers and air passages to allow the amp cooling fans to work even when covered.

DJ

RC Champion
    I actually like the body lines, and you can't go wrong with an LS motor in my opinion. It's good to do something different.
    Thanks, yes I'm amazed at the power produced/ how long they last. Hopefully soon. Big thumbs up on that spacing work, makes the car look even more beast.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasSummitCrawler View Post
    LS7 ZR1 engine? hahaha
    If I can afford it man

RC Racer
    The LS3 which the LS9 is based on will be cheaper as soon as teh direct injected new LT engine series comes out next year. But, honestly I have done next to nothing to my LS3 (Full LS7 exhaust, manifolds back, With Borla ATAk axle back.) and a Halltech CAI and I gained 20RWHP with a tune. So, 410RWHP and 404RWTQ with just that. Throw a supercharger on there and you can easily make 550 at the rear wheels for much cheaper than purchasing an LS9.
    But, you could get a really good deal on an LS2.
    DJ

RC Champion
    The LS3 which the LS9 is based on will be cheaper as soon as teh direct injected new LT engine series comes out next year. But, honestly I have done next to nothing to my LS3 (Full LS7 exhaust, manifolds back, With Borla ATAk axle back.) and a Halltech CAI and I gained 20RWHP with a tune. So, 410RWHP and 404RWTQ with just that. Throw a supercharger on there and you can easily make 550 at the rear wheels for much cheaper than purchasing an LS9.
    But, you could get a really good deal on an LS2.
    Ok great thanks for the information. Good to hear because I've seen some pretty good deals on LS2/3 units.
    Don't want to clog up your thread though.

RC Qualifier
    I have a mustang that's a constant work in progress, it's a 2001 with long tubes and full exhaust, 4.30 gears and 31 spline rear with welded axle tubes and a carrier brace, upr front k member with tubular arms and coilovers, big brake kit, nitrous set up with heater, purge, remote opener, blow down tube has 150 pills in it right now. Has a stock 4r70w with a pi stallion converter with anti ballooning plates for nitrous use 3400rpm stall, modded valve body for more positive shifts, line lock... Plus all the normal bolt on goodies. Power is put to the ground with a set of 17x10.5 rims in the back with a set of 335/35/17 Hoosier drag radials.

Fastest pass to date is 12.24 @ 117 mph. That's coming off idle and letting off because of traction issues. It consistently cuts 60' times in the 1.4xx-1.5xx area
    Last edited by Cinnabun; 12-02-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I wondered how people got the engine bay so clean, but man that's a lot of work. Thankfully I have a Jeep and we pride ourselves on mud. I'll post some pics later but so far it's been lifted 2 1/2" and has the front locked on 31's. Pretty mild compared to other Jeeps.
    I'm waiting! haha I am a huge truck and jeep fan! I have a 41 willys army jeep!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    I have a mustang that's a constant work in progress, it's a 2001 with long tubes and full exhaust, 4.30 gears and 31 spline rear with welded axle tubes and a carrier brace, upr front k member with tubular arms and coilovers, big brake kit, nitrous set up with heater, purge, remote opener, blow down tube has 150 pills in it right now. Has a stock 4r70w with a pi stallion converter with anti ballooning plates for nitrous use 3400rpm stall, modded valve body for more positive shifts, line lock... Plus all the normal bolt on goodies. Power is put to the ground with a set of 17x10.5 rims in the back with a set of 335/35/17 Hoosier drag radials.

Fastest pass to date is 12.24 @ 117 mph. That's coming off idle and letting off because of traction issues. It consistently cuts 60' times in the 1.4xx-1.5xx area
    Sounds sweet!, any pics? I haven't tried UPR, have you had good luck with their products? I had tried some Steeda, ground pounder, and Granitelli before I tossed all those parts and replaced them with Maximum motorsports stuff. My ground pounder front coil over ruined my Bilstiens due to side loads from their bad design, and the rear coil overs just bound the spring to the adjustment collar, this was due to no pivot provisions on the lower mount. Just a waste of time and money for me, but not one problem with any MM products.
    DJ

RC Qualifier

There's a few. I really haven't taken pics lately of it. I drive it everyday so it's more or less just a car to me, just like every other on the road lol.

RC Racer
    I like the chin spoiler, is that factory? All blacked out, even the emblem, I like it.
    DJ

RC Qualifier
    The chin spoiler isn't factory, it's off of a 2004 Mach 1. The front bumper isn't factory either, that was pulled off of a 2001 cobra. And of course the 4" cowl which obviously isn't factory either. I've gotten the hood painted since these pics, I'd say they're about a year old

RC Competitor
    like any jeep never done

RC Competitor

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by onetuffmj View Post

SWEET!!
    Maybe some explaination on how you get that much articulation?
    DJ

RC Competitor
    not bad for leaf springs,nothing crazy,all the cash went into the rears,used 6in wrangler springs and some tuning

RC Racer
    I wouldn't of expected to see that much from leaf springs, thats cool!
    DJ

RC Champion
    I wouldn't of expected to see that much from leaf springs, thats cool!
    Me either.

RC Qualifier
    Hahahaha it's called off road designs ill show you more about them and give you pictures of my projects lol

RC Qualifier
    Lol I didn't explain lol I got to excited, but that's a good company idk what leafs onetuffmj is using but nice lol

RC Racer
    Lets see those pictures!
    DJ

RC Qualifier
    Sorry man I got home really really but ill have all of them tomorrow sorry guys

RC Competitor
    not off road designs,think way cheaper,i work at a jeep shop so got lots to play around wit

RC Champion
    Here is my 88 Firebird Formula

Haven't done anything to it in a few years though.
    Swapped it to a 5 speed, installed Hooker headers and Borla exhaust, Holley Stealthram, MSD Billet Distributor, Corbeau GTS II seats, 2001 Camaro rear end, ZR1 style 17x9.5" wheels, 96 style WS6 hood.

RC poster
    It's not a car so I hope that's ok. Don't try to compete with it horsepower wise either, you don't even want to know what she has for power
    Also this isn't my boat, it's my uncle Ben's.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 67SuperSnake View Post
    It's not a car so I hope that's ok. Don't try to compete with it horsepower wise either, you don't even want to know what she has for power
    Also this isn't my boat, it's my uncle Ben's.

Did barnacles do that to the hull?

RC Champion
    my 87 wrangler that has a amc 304 out of a 78 jeep. headers with probly 4ft of pipe going to the glass pack, 33 inch tires. its just a ole beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fslFOuvbZEY. vid of the day i got it. it raps real good.

my daily driver that may get lifted yet. it has a 2 inch block lift with 265,75r 16 tires.
    Last edited by ajcar; 12-05-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.