RC poster

Transmitter programmin

Ok so I have acquired a funny car no electronics. I bought an et-3s speed control, 6515 transmitter(funny car replacement recommended by tower), and a 6518 reciever. None of the modes work for burnout, stage or race, so I presume I have to tell the transmitter what I am using it in, but I cant seem to find this info anywhere. Anyone have a clue what to do from here?

RC poster
    I got an Ipod this afternoon was able to select the model on the linking program and change everything to Funny Car, still no mode selection or launch control. Oh well guess no one on here has a clue either, I will try elsewhere.

RC Racer
    go to the Launch control screen in the Traxxas link and see if you can make adjustments there......if not it is not recognizing the ET-3s

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    If you havent found the solution to your issue yet, you need to hook your esc up to the castle link adapter and in the castle link program on the computer you need to enable the "CLL" setting. This is the castle link live option which runs the mode and launch switches. Most of the chop shops that sell the et-3s seperately from the funny car will disable the "CLL" because it allows the esc to be used with radios other than the tqi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC poster
    Just thought I would update this. I was able to get the setup working with help from Traxxas support. It was as simple as reseting factory defaults in the radio. Even though I was using the ipod to tell everything it was in a funny car this doesn't change the transmitter setting.

RC Competitor
    I know this is old but It's profile 6 when setting the tqi to a factory default. Profile 6 is not in any of the current traxxas literature.