Thread: Dirt Tires

RC Racer

Dirt Tires

Well I'm a new summit owner. Today I found a mountain bike course that is all dirt which has a lot of nice jumps, and just an overall great area to drive in as opposed to the park that I was going to. I did notice on the loose dirt though that I'm loosing a lot of traction on the stock tires. I can't get the truck nearly as fast as I can with the grass. Could someone recommend some dirt specific tires I could switch over to.

RC Champion
    if you want a tire to drive on any surface i would get some proline dirt hawgs on desperadoes they have good tread and lots of traction, if you want a tire for just the dirt i would look at some traxxas pro response on dish wheels
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Any ~3.5" diameter pin tire... pins give excellent traction in loose dirt; but they sure do wear fast!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    I was looking at the dirt hawgs but it said it was for a merv. Wasnt sure if the tire size was smaller than the stock ones which i dont wanna do. I wont always be running on just dirt as its quite a bit farther of a drive but having more traction while im there would be nice. Had a hard enough time keeping the truck in a straight line to line up for the jumps. I had proline trenchers on my old stampede but cant find them in 2.2 except for a sc truck which im not sure will be right for the summit.