Thread: My dilemma

RC Qualifier

My dilemma

So I have the MMM/2200kv combo in my slash 4x4, I am currently using erbe shocks on it but I can't seem to find a good setting, I was using proline powerstrokes but the weight of the motor/esc and a 4s batt, the powerstrokes didn't like too much lol. I am now thinking maybe I should bite the bullet and get some d8's. btw I am using 30w oil and orange shocks up front and gold in back with the revo shocks, my main problem is seems the rear shocks are too short, the fronts seem fine but the setup is too stiff any help would be appreciated thanks much

Sent from my iPhone 5

I am sure D's will work for you. I run the Power Strokes and am happy with them. I run 80 wt oil in them. 30 was too thin for my liking. You could experiment with different shock oils with your current shocks or get the D8. Just please keep us informed on your progress!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    I Justus installed the d8s, a great investment, I also had the powerstrokes, loves them but couldn't handle the heavy weight, the d8s on the other hand can handle that weight. C
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Champion
    I Justus installed the d8s, a great investment, I also had the powerstrokes, loves them but couldn't handle the heavy weight, the d8s on the other hand can handle that weight.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Champion
    The ERBE shocks are not a good choice IMO. They are made to operate on a different principle. The ERBE uses lever action which totally changes the ball game.

Im running just as much weight and the best shock I have found to date are the SC10 big bores. I have a set of D8s currently installed and a month later still trying to find the sweet spot between position, pre load, oil weight etc. Its getting better but Im still battling with a happy medium between carrying the weight, absorption on jumps and bumps and handling in corners.