Thread: Rally any good?

RC Qualifier

Rally any good?

I notice there are not a lot of videos, or even that much activity on this forum (aside from the same people posting). I am really hoping this takes off, and other manufacturers jump in, as I would love to see rc rally racing take off.

Also, is the Castle 1410 3800kv a decent choice for the Rally? I am getting a roller, and already have an esc, so I am hoping the 1410 will be a good choice since it is close to the VXL in kv. Will run mostly 2s.
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Champion
    It will be good on 2s, rally is a little heavy to run that motor on 3s. What esc are you planning on using? It is the time of the year man everyone is getting work done to be able to relax during the Xmas break, they will be back. I love my rally, drifting is great and the dirt running will be better as soon as it dries up here.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Short answer, YES... longer answer:
    This time of year the forum usually slows down. People are focused on Christmas and spending their money on gifts. In the upper half of the continent the weather is getting colder, snow is falling and its just getting a little chilly to be outside running RC's.

Every year the same thing happens. The forum slows during the winter. THose who live in warm climates carry most of the actually running discussions while the rest of us talk about repairs and mods were doing to hold us over till the snow disappears.
    This has nothing to do with how good the rally is though. Its a great car, worth every penny and perfect for hours RC fun.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Well the BLUE ones are pretty darn good
    I really like the way mine runs right out of the box, the LCG and 4x4 provides some nice acceleration and driving options and great handling without it flipping over on its lid all the time!

Seems the choice of motors for 3s is the 2400-2650kv range for this chassis. I have run my Velineon with a 16t pinion on 3s and it rips! I have a few motors to try out and am looking forward to a much better of tires that are in this size range of 102mm diameter or slightly less to drift with. The stock tires are very nice but will wear quickly on pavement if you are spinning and drifting.

It is a great car right out of the box! No regrets but I want more body options in Rally style and tires

RC Qualifier
    Cool, I don't really plan on 3s, maybe on occasion for parking lots. I figured if any tracks are racing these, it would probably be on 2s like the sct's. Vapor Pro esc is what I plan on using for now since it is waterproof. Serious racing I have a 1/8 buggy, so this is more for casual running, hence wanting the waterproof electronics.

My daughter's last birthday I had a 2wd slash on hand, handed all the kids water ballons and let them throw and try to hit the slash lol. They had a blast, and I got to run rc, so it worked out well
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The castle 3800kv motor shoudl do really well on 2S and castle has a waterproof version of a few of their ESCs that should run it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ