Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

Rear-Wheel Drive Action

I had my ERBE apart to rebuild diffs this week. I've always wanted to see what a rear-wheel drive ERBE would drive like. Sooooo, I decided to leave the front diff out of the bulkhead. I'm running 6s and 1/2 offset Badlands with the extended wheelbase rear arms.

Some things I noticed:

- With all that power going to the rear wheels only, it's hard to keep them from spinning! Even on asphalt, if I punched the throttle it'd spin out. On loose ground, it was almost impossible to keep straight under any kind of acceleration.

- Braking in a straight line was impossible.

- This is an entirely new vehicle to drive when rear-wheel only! If I could have gotten more traction, I would probably prefer the rear-wheel only to 4-wheel. There's just something about a rear-wheel drive that I love! It's a lot of fun being able to whip the rear end around whenever.

I have some of the old tall Trencher's that I want to throw on before I put the front diff back in. With the added height/traction it'll probably be a blast!

one time try fwd...........lol
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    Oh man driving the e Maxx an e revo in 2wd is so much fun. I can drive like it's a big stadium truck and it handles somewhat ok once you get the hang of it. Only bummer was I kept stripping wheel hexs

RC Racer
    Ya, fwd drive leaves a little to be desired. I blew up my rear diff and decided to keep driving for awhile. It goes but will just pull to one side under acceleration, almost impossible to turn under any power
    Who needs brakes!!!!

RC Champion
    FWD stands for Flirting With Disaster!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    FWD.....i was running my SlayVo GT8 one time and my center rear driveshaft pin snap, but before i found that out i notice that my speed was less than usual so, i look closer while i was playing with the throttle.... i notice the front wheel spins faster
    than the rear thats when i know somethings up. Ya FWD is not practical for RC's.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

Revo is designed to be a four wheel drive truck. Not really ment to be a two wheel drive, like a Rusty...etc..
    fun & interesting non the less....

When I lost a pin on my font shaft. I kept going with it after I took the shaft out and it was rather amusing. Brakes were useless but otherwise I thought it would not be a bad truck if it were rwd. With the right tires of course. It handles a little better imo.

Sent from my Torch!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Champion
    It's a lot of truck for one diff to man handle around. You could find yourself rebuilding your rear diff again soon after you find more traction.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    It's a lot of truck for one diff to man handle around. You could find yourself rebuilding your rear diff again soon after you find more traction.
    That's what I was thinking. I decided to put the front diff back in today...

RC Champion
    i ran my e revo in front wheel drive and the front wheels would hop up and down

RC Racer
    I busted a rear axle (from a Summit) and something crazy happened to the pin in the center shaft this weekend. decided i would keep it running FWD to see how it did lol....basically would spin the tires for as far as it could move and would spin with even the lightest accelaration. then i got stupid with it and shredded a tire. stock tires btw

RC Qualifier
    Lets say it were front wheel drive, running 2 3S in series. Would it be possible to do a wheelie in reverse since all the power is going to the front wheels?
    A wheelie bar on the front AND being able to steer while in mid-wheelie.
    That would something to see!
    Never trust a fart.

should be able to, i use to with the Maxx front wheelie, even with four wheel drive......

I can in reverse if I set it to 100%
    Donít handicap children by making life easy