RC Qualifier

mamba monster max esc question on my slash 4x4

so when i got this slash, the guy was running two nimh batteries in this so i figure he had the esc on that mode to run nimh batts. i was messing with it trying to recalibrate it and i ended up doing this...when i turn the transmitter on and the truck, the esc beeps 5 times, then when i give forward throttle, it goes in reverse and when i hit reverse i get nothing at all. any ideas on how to reset the esc to default lipo? the drivers ed manual from mamba monster doesnt tell you how to set it to default. thanks.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    If you have castle link you can set it there if not you have to do it with the transmitter make sure you set your throttle end stops up in correctly forward first reverse second neural third and if you read there is a programming section in the drivers ed book or at least there is in mine

RC Champion
    For starters if you are going in reverese with forward throttle the motor needs to be reversed, swap any two motor leads.
    To calibrate the ESC to the radio turn on the radio, pull the trigger to full throttle then turn on the ESC. It will beep then go to reverse, it will beep again then go to neutral and wait for it to beep then restart.

You can see much better of what is going on with castle link. Default battery type is auto lipo detect but who knows what its at now. From what I can see what you have is reveresed motor whether it be from wiring or settings and no reverse.

RC Qualifier
    i can't figure out what they are talking about... what the F, is there anyone that can help me find a youtube video of what i need to do to set it to default?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    hey justin, i got it to actually go forward and reverse but there is no delay from forward and reverse, which is hard on the differentials. is there anyway you can talk me through the settings cuz this thing beeps but the drivers ed manual doesnt tell you what beeps mean what. if it goes beep...beepbeepbeep, am i in section 1???? really confusing im calling castle if they are still working
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    castle is closed until monday which two wires into the esc do i swap to make reverse is (forward) and forward is (reverse) the oposite? when i hit reverse it goes forward and opposite for forward.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

It might actually be the radio. Try reversing the f/r with the radio.
    The instructions are in the manual
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    its not the radio cuz it was working fine yesteday forward and reverse. when i tried to change it back to lipo is when it messed up.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    take the red and white motor wires that go to the red and white esc wires, and switch them. you will have red to white and white to red on both sides. still confused?
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Qualifier
    no, sorry improv i figured it out earlier. i had the black and white wire switched. then i needed to reset the entire esc setup to default. thanks though
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    The beeps are a pain but if you listen you should get a pause after the first set telling you which section your in like two beeps then a pause (slight pause) then three beeps meaning you are in programming section two selection # 3 so forth and so on is a pain highly recommend get a castle link with a field tuning card. Good luck.

RC Qualifier
    http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...s_ed_guide.pdf

Here is the castle drivers ed manual with all the programming info you need.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Champion
    Honestly I tried the manual setup using the radio once and bought a field programing card. The radio method is to confusing and can leave you where you forgot where in the menu you happen to be. The card is like $24 and allows you to make a lot of changes without a PC. On the other end it can be connected to a PC like the castle link and settings changed with a few clicks of the mouse. Takes no time at all!