Thread: why E-REVO?

RC Competitor

why E-REVO?

I have a stock slash 4x4 and I'm having fun!! Wife wants an rc now too so my debate is buying another slash 4x4 for her to run or save up and get myself an e-revo. Are these out of the box bullet proffered? I can't afford to build another parts collection. Why is the review better? Thanks!!!

both e revo and slash 4x4 are great rc's the e revo holds up good if not really abused hard but like any rc upgrades will be needed. if you run just 4s lipos in the e revo you wont be breaking too much and as you will read in the forum here for it diffs are the common thing to need shimming and a arms (again just like an rc)
    this is my opinion about each of those rc's you are considering.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    All rc's has it own flaws, it all depends how you drive, and some other factores, generally shafts, and diffs are the most common issue. I would say upgrade as you brake, but the erevo is a great truck.

RC Qualifier
    E revo is amazing, I like them with the long travel rockers but seeming you have a slash maybe the lower buggy style will fit better. but the EMaxx being my favorite truck I like the e revo built same as the revo 3.3

RC Racer
    Um. Whatever you do, buy her the new rv car. I vote to buy her an erevo.

Im no relationship expert, but if my wife was intrested Into the hobby, giving her my old car to buy a new one for me would put me I the dog house.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    If you already have a Slash, why not think about a Stampede. They share alot of the same parts. And you could get a brushless Stampede for ALOT less than a Erevo. Just a thought.
    Last edited by woog421; 12-01-2012 at 05:30 PM.

I would think, you might want to stick with the slash platform, the erevo is a completely different platform and if money is an issue it would be better to stick with a single platform.

They are both great trucks, but the slash is simpler and lighter and probably less prone to breaking than the erevo which is a heavy truck. It would be better if you and your lady had similar trucks so that you could be competitive, that is my opinion anyway. The erevo is a monster truck and next to the slash would look like a monster.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    I would also stay with the Slash Platform. Just to be able to keep one parts box and what not.
    Mugen Seiki MBX5r
    MERV
    Micro-T
    Tinity Now!

RC Racer
    Do it... get yourself an E-Revo, you know you want to.

RC Champion
    if you got something smaller like the stampede 4x4 you would be saving money on parts and upgrades.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Once you get one ERBE youll want to get a 2nd one. Theyre addictive. IMO a way more capable platform for a wider variety of uses. The larger size is something you at first think is going to be a problem. But you start driving it and realize it just makes things better.
    On 4S the ERBE is darn durable. Diffs are really the biggest problem. With that said, ive been running my ERBE HARD for a year and havent stripped a diff yet. If you treat the truck properly and dont abuse the drivetrain... it will last. If your trying to do standing backflips or something or doing a ton of full throttle landings on high traction surfaces you will have diff issues.

The rest of the truck is super durable... I broke a few front arms but that was mostly my fault. No issues anywhere else.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    me & my cousin just got each ERBE and other friend a savage flux hp on tuesday, we`re coming also from Slash 4x4... it`s expensive truck i`d say... 100$ more then the flux, and so far well we use 1 truck for parts... we broke 3x shaft, both wings, and both rear carrier... and the flux so far only 1 a-arms. i just finished doing an order online for upgrade! so anyway, back to subjet, so far i really like how the ERBE handle (compare to flux), if you liked the slash 4x4, you`ll enjoy the ERBE!! i say go ERBE, go BIG

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    up where i drive my brother's slash didn't do too good so this is what i did!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mavrick813 View Post
    I would also stay with the Slash Platform. Just to be able to keep one parts box and what not.
    Going to go this route. I just can't afford the revo. Heck, a revo and a few spate parts/extra batterys and I'm lookin at $1,000 easy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Used ones runs for about 500.00 maybe less, I picked a used roller for cheap, then fully upgraded it with rpm arms, knuckles, cvds, red aluminum links, hitec servo....all the goodies, and still I'm far for the $1.000.

I got mine for $200 and the brushless system for $190 a couple sets of lipos for another $110. So you could do better, but keeping up with alot of parts gets old. I run by myself usually anyway also. If my wife to gain an interest, I would probably let the revo go and get a couple slashes or pedes.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Champion
    You can usually find rollers for a decent price. I traded an airtronics m11X TX/RX for mine. I bought the m11x to try out against my Futaba and it lost. I piad $200 for the m11x. The roller was in decent shape with minimal scuffing on the skids and arms so it was treated well. Got it, tore it down, replaced all the bearings, differential cups with alumium, steel cvds, alumimum push rods and links, 2 new sets of wheels and tires, batteries, futaba R614FS rx, Tekin RX8/T8 2250, new proline slipstream body, and a few other things Im sure I forgot and Im less than $600 into it fully upgraded and like new.

RC Qualifier
    hahaha...yeap...i can just see myself trying to do this and ending up in the dog house...i told the wife i was going to buy my son a RC car and she was like..."heck no, it's more like buying yet another car for you and using your son as an excuse"...my son is 11...

Quote Originally Posted by DogMilk View Post
    Um. Whatever you do, buy her the new rv car. I vote to buy her an erevo.

Im no relationship expert, but if my wife was intrested Into the hobby, giving her my old car to buy a new one for me would put me I the dog house.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes99ss View Post
    Going to go this route. I just can't afford the revo. Heck, a revo and a few spate parts/extra batterys and I'm lookin at $1,000 easy.
    Yes, a Revo is spendy...but the smile that you'll get is priceless...compared to the slash...the slash doesn't even come close and i'm talking about the smiling and grinning and pure joy of owning a revo...

i've collected a few cars now...and i have to say...my Revo-E is my favorite...(my line of cars: e-revo, revo-e, mini revo, hyper 10sc, jammin scrt10, ofna dm1)...