Thread: 3.2 tires

RC Competitor

3.2 tires

Anyone know if anyone makes 3.2 tires? i wanted badlands but they dont make them in 3.2 anymore. i want to run maximizer beadlocks because everytime i run my revo i blow tires off the rim. but i cant seem to find alot of 3.2 tires.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

RC Qualifier
    You're going to get a lot of responses here that beadlocks will most likely NOT solve your problem. Gluing the tires properly WILL solver your problem. That being said, I've seen people use a SMALL amount of glue with beadlocks and that's worked great for them. There are still used 3.2 tires out there if you ask around. I have a pair of Proline Maxx Mulchers I'm not using...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Although a properly prepared rim and a good glue job should do the job
    Last edited by 50togo; 12-01-2012 at 11:51 AM.

RC Racer
    With beadlocks using a little bath sealant can help(silicone). It was mentioned in another thread. Also makes it easier to remove tyres and clean rims rather than glue.

RC poster
    Promine make some masher all terrains in 3,2", I just received a set I am going to put on rpm revolvers, just waiting for my Gorila tape tp arrive...

RC Champion
    Well seing how we went the route with how there will be posts about beadlocks......

All I run are beadlocks. Have yet to blow a tire off.
    For ERBE's Im using the Axial 40 series 17mm hubs. Not a huge choice in tires for these rims but one of the reasons I run them is the tires are low profile=less ballooning in the first place. The Road Rage 40's are actually less in diameter than stockers. As mentioned when I assemble them I just run a bead of silicone RTV around the bead before I put the ring on and after complete assembly let them cure for 24hours before running. With the Axial beadlocks and Proline 40 series tires Im not so sure that is even necessary. The way the bead sits in a groove and is covered by the ring Im fairly sure that if you rip the sidewalls out the beads will still be under the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by skinindustries1 View Post
    Anyone know if anyone makes 3.2 tires? i wanted badlands but they dont make them in 3.2 anymore. i want to run maximizer beadlocks because everytime i run my revo i blow tires off the rim. but i cant seem to find alot of 3.2 tires.
    I suppose the first question should be, "Tire for doing what?" The second would be, "What batteries are you using?" The 3.2" Mashers I have mounted on Maximizers are very stable, but a little shorter than the stock tires, yielding a noticeable loss of top speed. The HPI Terra Pins are by far my favorite tires for Revo bashing. They are also mounted on Maximizers. I have no problem with the tires unmounting themselves but I almost solely run 4S. I could see potential issues with 6S.
    Terra Pins:

Mashers:
    Alt-248 on the number pad =