RC poster

69/70 superbird onroad slash body?

Hi all.
    is this a reasonable wish? My favorite car of all time,a 1979 Plymouth superbird.is there some way that I could get a custom body for my nitro slash 3.3 2wd? Or any scale classic style muscle car body.or ANY onroad bodies. Any tips or guidance would be GODLY!!!
    http://www.creativecrash.com/3d-mode...-1970-3d-model

RC Qualifier
    I'm fairly sure they make that body for on road cars. The thing is that wouldn't have that much engine protection. I seriously doubt proline will even consider the offer unless their paid in gold. I don't know much about j concepts but I would ask them. Expect to pay premium if you want that though. If you want to do it yourself then I would model it out of clay first, then I would make a vacuform machine and go from there. It is a lot of work but if you want something to call your own then that is the way to go.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC Qualifier
    Bolink has the Plymouth superbird body but it has been discontinued. Sorry for the double post, tapatalk only allows so much. Good luck searching! I couldn't find it on the 'Bay but I would put out a looking for add on other popular forums, someone is bound to have one collecting dust.

RC poster
    Double post most welcome, and thank you! I really want this scale body for the slash 2wd nitro.my quest begins

RC Qualifier
    If your handy enough, look into vacuum forming. You need to make an air box using 2x4s and peg board, an over, and base to hold the lexan. For the mould, look up blueprints or outlines, print off and put them on wood. Carve the wood and your done, ready to mould.
    People Eating Tasty Animals

RC Qualifier
    You can do wood but that would mean you don't have much room for error. Try molding the model of clay then let the clay dray once your satisfied and then take a cheap ice chest and fill it with a resin to make a cast then fill the cast with a harder resin and kablamo you have a solid blemish free model to make a good body with the vacuform and some lexan.