Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    They say a dog is the best form of defence for a home. But Ive seen lots of signs "beware of dog" with no dog so im not sure thats a deterrent anymore. They also so the sound of a Remington 870 action being cycled is the most recognizable gun sound in the world.

I know which I prefer to have if I need it.
    Beware of Dog signs are cheap, you don't have to feed them or have someone take care of them when you are out... But,,, they don't bite either...

Now, you get an 88 lbs Akita giving you a nice warm welcome,,,, you ARE going to think twice before breaking in....

Then again, I'm 6' 200 lbs, experienced in Martial Arts, Self Defense both military trained and privately... Then there's my Officers Edition Colt .45.. Mama knows how to use it pretty good too!!!

Anyone busts into my house un-invited,,, they better pray the dog get's them before I do... I do not miss, and always double tap....

Here's my puppy she's the one on the top, they ARE playing,,, That's her mom she's wrestling with....

Thieves, intruders do not like dogs,,, even little ones are known to deter intruders,,, Alarms,,, everyone knows it takes time for police to respond, they just snatch and run in those cases... But they will think seriously if they hear one of these inside the house....

Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Competitor
    Had people break into my garage... They left prints but police hasn't found them. I do live a little ways out of town, never thought this would happen, but it does

RC Qualifier
    Why can't u have firearms? Is it illegal or is it just cos u got kids? I could have sworn u have the right to bear arms here in the US.

Always keep a 20 gauge around n teach the wifey how to use it. U never know when ur gonna need it. If a stranger is in ur house, shoot first ask questions later. Nothing scares people more than hearing a shot gun being cocked behind a door.

Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    yup thats what i did after only though i had my peace keeper as i father in law says in my dresser draw. I think its the new upgraded solar panels, everything new here even most of our furniture as well because we bought it new and dont use it much. Crazy people around here there going to be putting up a fence around not sure when though. We cant have firearms here but we do anyways they wont protect us and i have my hunting knives by my bed. My aim is spot on over 800FT wether throwing a knife/shooting practiced when i was young and seemed to stick. My cusin thought me how to throw curve balls at 100mph spot on him playing in the minor leagues.
    I do need to get me shot gun. Dog will come when we buy our house maybe an american bull dog or pit bull lol.

RC Qualifier
    Well, what would of known? The night after I posted in this earlier, my moms purse was stolen from her car around 2:30 in the morning.. Luckily she didn't have any working credit cards in there, the check book was closed later that morning around 9. The only thing that she was concerned about was her and us 3 kids's social security in her purse. I'm not sure why she keeps SS cards in her purse, they should have been locked up in a safe then put into the closet. Later today I'm suppose to go sign so my bank acct. can be closed down then re-opened.
    She went to the cops, not sure what happened there, but they said that whoever took the purse might have tossed it out the car window when they relied there wasn't much in there. Nothing else has been taking or broken into. The dog didnt even bark, we think he's going deaf.

Such irony...
    Never trust a fart.

Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    She went to the cops, not sure what happened there, but they said that whoever took the purse might have tossed it out the car window when they relied there wasn't much in there. Nothing else has been taking or broken into. The dog didnt even bark, we think he's going deaf.

Such irony...
    I'm actually glad nobody was hurt,,, just watch the news and you know what I mean...
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Qualifier
    Yes I know what you mean.. I'm thankful no one was hurt, or any damage was done to the car.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    They say a dog is the best form of defence for a home. But Ive seen lots of signs "beware of dog" with no dog so im not sure thats a deterrent anymore. They also so the sound of a Remington 870 action being cycled is the most recognizable gun sound in the world.

I know which I prefer to have if I need it.
    I have a tactical 870 under the bed. I would post a pic but not sure if pictures of guns are allowed here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Yes they are josh. There's some on the first page.
    Never trust a fart.

s
    Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    Why can't u have firearms? Is it illegal or is it just cos u got kids? I could have sworn u have the right to bear arms here in the US.

Always keep a 20 gauge around n teach the wifey how to use it. U never know when ur gonna need it. If a stranger is in ur house, shoot first ask questions later. Nothing scares people more than hearing a shot gun being cocked behind a door.
    its the new apartment rules they made with a new lease which i dont get since they are not going to protect anyone if something happens so i have one anyways i know breaking rules but in some cases you have to right? you have to follow chain of command here or when you rent an apartment like tell the manager and not to talk directly to the supervisor but heck if the manager doesnt know anything like our doesnt know what the heck is going on 90% of the time i just call the supervisor i even have the phone # for the owner shoot.
    I need to get a 12gauge pump shotgun or similar when we move this time next year and a dog shortly after.
    My father in law was a correction officer maximum security prison and man he had some nice guns the rifles he had were from work that he got to keep after he retired he had this huge black sniper rifle with a massive scope on it i wanted to check it out but he doesnt let anyone touch it and has then loaded most of the time with atleast 1 bullet in each gun even the shotgun from work. If anyone knows the guns they use on the towers in prisons then you know what they are.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Well, what would of known? The night after I posted in this earlier, my moms purse was stolen from her car around 2:30 in the morning.. Luckily she didn't have any working credit cards in there, the check book was closed later that morning around 9. The only thing that she was concerned about was her and us 3 kids's social security in her purse. I'm not sure why she keeps SS cards in her purse, they should have been locked up in a safe then put into the closet. Later today I'm suppose to go sign so my bank acct. can be closed down then re-opened.

Such irony...
    I would get ahold of the credit breaues as well for each of the people that lost their SS cards ok and put an alert i have it on mine and they call me personally each time someone runs my credit in even for something simple like to open a phone account with at&t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    I'm actually glad nobody was hurt,,, just watch the news and you know what I mean...
    haha we dont have tv anymore so we dont watch the news anymore

RC Qualifier
    The credit cards acct were closed so you can swipe it all day long and it won't register.,
    Never trust a fart.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by josh62685 View Post
    I have a tactical 870 under the bed. I would post a pic but not sure if pictures of guns are allowed here.

They're allowed,
    Matthew 7:7

The credit cards acct were closed so you can swipe it all day long and it won't register.,
    yeah but not your social security # i would still call to be safe or you'll get a bill for someone that opened an account and charged up up $$$$$$ after all they have all you info. credit cards can be replaced and closed but a social # cant be replaced just protected.

RC Qualifier
    I love E revo brushless systems Awsome yea i know :/

RC Qualifier
    Ops. Forgot to input that par about the SS. My mom made sure she took care of that.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post
    They're allowed,
    Well okay then here it is. First pic was before I added the light.

RC Champion
    Well okay then here it is. First pic was before I added the light.

Really nice gun man

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. Fun to shoot. Pumping is my fav. Part

thats what i am aiming to get next year hopefully shortly after moving but have to see if my CC will allow it since i cant fork out 400+ on it at one time i would rather make payments with the low interest and pick up a couple boxs of ammo some for practice for the wife atleast.
    I shot just fine even over 500ft without a scope/sights.
    Last year i shot a volger think thats how you spell that ugly bird from my mother in laws place man there was a whole nest of them no kidding either we thought they left but looked around and seen them off atop a tree so i grabbed my handgun and aimed and shot that bird right out of the tree but it didnt kill it just knocked him out of the tree i think going through the tree branchs and needles (pine trees) it slowed down a little going that far you could hear it going and hitting the branches and hear it hit that ugly bird right on its side after that you see them all flying over head and leave never came back again to this day that we know of.
    scary part is when my wife walked out the front door they were right there on the tree in front of the front door about 25ft away crazy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    I've had it happen as well. When I open the door and they see a .357 in my hand and I ask them what they want this late of the night, they re-think their motives (if they are up to no good). You don't mess with a guy in his underwear holding a .357
    Haha my white legs are enough to scare anyone away lol

RC Qualifier
    The only problem with a pit bull is trying to keep the entertained when your gone lol... Ever see one eat the cab lights of a Chevy 1 to. Truck??? Haha I love pit bulls great for perfection lol

RC Champion

Yeah pumping gives you that feeling of "I got this"