need some opinions on electronics

so i got a beautiful slash 4x4 from my friend. new all over with powerstrokes, tekin center drive shaft, mip cvds front ad back...flm diff cups, front and rear rpm arms, an rpm rear bmper and gh aluminum front and rear shock towers..everything is new.

The problem is, i also inherited an ez run 150A v2 esc that's brand new with a kershaw 4 pole 2000kv motor (it's the size of the 2200 castle motor) and a tacon 4000 kv sc motor...all are new....he even threw in an airtronics m11

my question is..do I sell all the electronics (esc and motors) for a better system or should i try them out? the ez run 150a esc i've named bigfoot...look at it's size i comparison to the monster mamba...

HUGE! believe it or not it will fit in there perfectly with an e-revo monster mamba mount behind the 2000.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Racer
    sell the big one and sell me the monster combo. PM me i have a 10th scale castle system you might like, i am serious.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

Quote Originally Posted by chevyjlewis View Post
    sell the big one and sell me the monster combo. PM me i have a 10th scale castle system you might like, i am serious.
    appreciate the offer, but i think i'm gonna pass. i'm thinking i might go tekin this time if i sell it because a new track opened up with a sick indoor offorad track and if i race there, i'll need a good sensored system

RC Racer
    i have heard good things about tekin.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

I think you answered your own question. Sell the electronics and get your Tekin system! Let us know how you do racing. An occasional video wouldn't hurt either
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I think you answered your own question. Sell the electronics and get your Tekin system! Let us know how you do racing. An occasional video wouldn't hurt either
    I'm waiting on the Traxxas lcg parts to convert it and then i'll post some video of me racing. I did great against sc10 4x4s and scte's with the ssc chassis, i wanna see if this is gonna be as good....

that ez run with the 2000 might be a good basher system in my beater backslash or revo...that's why i almost hate to sell it. However, after all my Christmas shopping, i'm short on funds and this is one of the nicest tracks i've ever laid eyes on. decisons decisions.

If you can swing a Tekin system, keep it all and worry about it later. You are wanting to put the Rally chassis on it? I also plan to do the Rally conversion.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    cant you just buy a rally chassis
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

i'm gonna make it like the new platinum slash. the rally chassis, motor mount, front and rear bulkheads and there are a couple of other parts that are needed. my lhs has the list on order directly from Traxxas. they said the whole conversion was about $60.
    As far as a system, i was thinking the rx8 and the sc 4.5 tekin makes. if i go that route and don't sell anything, i'll have to save for a month to cover it.

Christmas is what got me. i spent dang near $500 on monster high and Bratzilla stuff for my daughter. $25 per doll! man...i remember being a kid and hotwheels were a dollar a piece. inflation sucks!

RC Champion
    Tekin Rules!
    if you are going to be running modified go for the RX8/T8 2650 instead. Race worthy on 2s and great for high speed bashing on 3s and 4s. I have mine geared 23/50 and its perfect. Only need to change battery packs to go from race mode to high speed.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Tekin Rules!
    if you are going to be running modified go for the RX8/T8 2650 instead. Race worthy on 2s and great for high speed bashing on 3s and 4s. I have mine geared 23/50 and its perfect. Only need to change battery packs to go from race mode to high speed.
    the track won't allow for 1/8 motors. it's limited to 550 sized cans....trust me...i was thinking along that route too.

RC Champion
    Well on that note then go for a Tekin Pro 4 of your kV choice. Made the same as the T8's in a 550 can size.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Well on that note then go for a Tekin Pro 4 of your kV choice. Made the same as the T8's in a 550 can size.
    that's a good idea. i'm gonna check them out now. the 4000kv motors are really popular at my track.

RC Qualifier
    I use a tekin rx8 esc and a sensored sc411 tenshock motor..It's a 550 can that comes in 3500, 4000, 4600, & 5200kv..

http://builtrc.com/brushless_motors.aspx

I would stay away from the tekin pro4..its a 540 can motor..I've ran them as well and the tenshock. Both motors are comparable on the track,,The tenshock is about $40 cheaper
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    I run the 4000kv on a 1/8 track. The 4600kv is the most popular, as they say you can always turn it down, but you cant turn it up.

Motor Length: 2.1" (52.9mm)
    Diameter: 1.4" (35.8mm)
    Shaft: .60x.196" (15.3x5mm)
    Weight: 6.75oz (193g)
    Turns: 1Y
    Voltage: 2S
    kV: 4600
    Rotor: 18.5mm

They are testing a new Pro4HD, It will be a 550 can and available after the first of the year.
    Last edited by Shaky17; 12-01-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Qualifier
    get the tekin rx8 with the 1900 kv motor and use thier programming card to set it to your personal driving system. i use it in my buggys and one of my racing slash with the trce chassis and it is not quite my favorite, taking second to my ssc chassis. but the rx8 system is great
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Qualifier
    I have the Hobbywing Xerun esc I run in my 1/8 buggy, and it has been super reliable and very smooth. I run it with a Tekin motor, but, in my opinion, the Hobbywing ESC's are very good and I prefer them over the Tekin. I originally got it just to try out sensored motors, but after using it, sold my castle setup. I would not go back to a Castle system, at least not for 1/8. Try the EZRun, you may find that it is quite a bit better than you are giving it credit for.
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.