Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    so how do you like the kershaw esc and motor? how many cell lipo are you running?
    (2)RC8TEs, RC8.2E (2)slash 4x4 2650 pede 3800

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have all the parts for the lst mod ready to go nice pics! Been on a few rides with my robinson racing gears and aluminum cup&case held up today no problems but I will have to start grinding!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    so how do you like the kershaw esc and motor? how many cell lipo are you running?
    I'm running 6s 30c with it. It is so powerful. You defiantly want to put a throttle curve into play to protect the drive train. I just turn around in a little dirt and gunned it to my limit of 60% throttle and it shredded a rear tire. I did some speed runs but I am unsure of the speed. It was incredibly fast using a 20t pinion and 65t spur gear. I liked it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by clp71220 View Post
    This is something I have read about in the forums. When a pin comes loose and the damage it can do. I am an electrician by trade so I love electrical tape. So I made some strips and used them stretched very tightly around the pinned areas on the drive shafts. 3M electrical tape has a multiplying factor for number of wraps and how much force it exerts to the object it is applied to. You can cut your finger off if you wrap it to so many times. Don't try it at home fellas and don't use it on the dogs tail.
    Nice photo of you and the kids. Im anxiously awaiting the photos of the kershaw chassis fully assembled.

Gotta love super 33! 1001 uses! Back in the days when I ran an electrical contracting business one of my pet peeves was balling people out for using it to pull wire. I bought the 99 cents a roll stuff for that. The 33 is too expensive to use for pulling wire. Ive always got multiple rolls around in 8 colors, being a sparky Im sure you can guess which colors!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    I have all the parts for the lst mod ready to go nice pics! Been on a few rides with my robinson racing gears and aluminum cup&case held up today no problems but I will have to start grinding!

That's good news that it held together I found it nessary to use a throttle cure to prevent spin out on take off to protect the stock diffs. And take it slow and fit test both bulkheads to the lst2 often while turning them down. This is going to be a lot of fun to build. Cause this car will weight almost a half pound less at the end of this build.

RC Racer
    Yes Justin I know the colors. All I'm waiting on now are my TiNi gears. Got a great price on them but the fella used snail mail to send them. Est. Delivery of Jan 7. I'm a bit upset about that cause I payed $7 for shipping hoping for a 3 day delivery. And I will be leaving him a bad score for shipping on eBay. looks like he pocketed my shipping money.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I use the throttle curve ! Had plenty of practice from speed runs with my two mervs
    Did 5 cell runs today up to 53mph but it would wheelie when I got more into the throttle
    I will take my time grinding!
    My tin gears came the other day. Some ebay sellers love making money on shipping
    Can't go by eBay's shipping time get the tracking number and go to usps.com
    Last edited by 50togo; 12-22-2012 at 12:14 AM.

RC Champion
    I got nabbed recently myself on paying for expedited shipping and getting snail mail along with crappy communications when I demanded a refund on the expedited shipping that I didnt get (shipping or the refund). The feedback reflected such then the guy contacts me and has a hissy fit because I didnt leave all 5 stars. I told him I was actually being nice giving what I did. Have to watch the shipping prices when you bid as often the cost of shipping is more than the items is worth.

RC Racer
    It shows in route. Just an est. Delivery of of January 7. I hope it comes earlier. I decided to do a theme like 87gn I'm going to use a little hampster.

Here is a pic of the Kershaw motor next to the losi motor.

A pic of the Leopard ESC.

is his name HAMMIE................lol
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    Sure 87GN Ill name him HAMMIE. lol
    Im with you Justin. I hope these gears get here sooner. I would really like to get this thing started.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Still not in? Hope they come soon!

RC Racer
    Off subject on this post. I am going to use a set of 7.5" tall hot bodies wheels and tires on the wifes revo. This car will be using a titan 775 motor for now. And I May upgrade to a dual motor setup from Kershaw at a later date. What I need is recommendations for gear ratios. this car has a 68t spur gear and a 22t pinion gear at the moment. I am pretty sure that will be to high for these tires. Looking for feed back on this.

Last edited by clp71220; 12-23-2012 at 05:15 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Might be a little tall. Punch your info in the speed calculator and play with the gearing http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/car_setup.html

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4981456
    Summit
    I am now running the 1/5 Trenchers & 17/65... 2/2s Lipos..
    22/68 should be a pretty good start. around 30 mph.....
    I reccomend breaking in the 775 or do the Dewalt mod........

I used the kershaw dual 700s before on an emaxx it was a lot of motor for that truck, if only I would have had lipos it would have been pretty insane with the two speed. It ran really well for the price, at that time brushless was outrageous $$!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Racer
    Well I'm tearing down my lst2 diffentials an discovered that the differential cups are bad. So i am ordering the LOSB3528 as a replacement. I needed it anyways. These are much heavier cups with steal holders for the spiders.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

RC Qualifier
    Those look good 50
    ERBE, MERV BB

RC Racer
    I like that. Ordered.
    Last edited by clp71220; 12-27-2012 at 10:36 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    One of those things you wish could be seen!

RC Racer
    Well 50togo had a better idea. About the differential cup upgrade. Bought these instead. And I think Justin may have mentioned these in a previous post.

Last edited by clp71220; 12-28-2012 at 12:58 AM.

RC Racer
    Here is a picture of what the stub axles will look like when you trim the threaded end off. As you can see it sticks out the top of the gear. You need to trim them to be flush with the gear face. somewhere around 22.25mm in length.

RC Champion
    This is all you needed. Hot racing aluminum is a little bit better than plastic but never as tough as those steel blocks.

It's been fun. See ya.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i am more worried of the plastic cup flexing

RC Racer
    Yes Mistercrash that is all I would have needed. I was about to buy those when I saw the aluminum cups mentioned by 50togo. I think the bling got me.

I've been running the plastic ones pictured above just fine with no issues...my diffs are holding up well . They do look nice tho!
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    I ordered the Savox SA-1230SG at 6.0v it puts out 500oz of torque to steer this beast. My Leopard Ground 150amp ESC puts out 5.7v at 3amps so this should work nicely without the use of a BEC. Im guessing 470+ oz of Torque. also purchased the steering arm from Teamstrc.com part# STP6037s. And I had to search far and wide to find some one who had this Pro Servo Horn-Single Arm Futaba,Savox hard anodized black part#RCE10380HA in stock.

http://www.leopardhobby.com/product/...ionID=01020501

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That will work! Running out of things to spend your money!

RC Racer
    Just when i think I have everything I find something else i need. But yes running out of stuff to buy. Just remember you have been at this for a while I only bough my first traxxas in November. And now I have 4 of them. Well I will have a partial roller when this build is done. So ill have 4-1/2 traxxas trucks. And I will most likely rebuild the roller left over.
    I bought a two speed revo transmission to see what the differences are. I may use it in this build.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You better slow down!
    Nice start!

RC Qualifier
    i've been following this thread sense it started, still can't wait for the final out come... when you run out of things to buy, and you have played arround with that motor combo, pick up a 1717 neu motor (the same motor used in the xo-1), you will have a blast
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Racer
    Well found some 3.2" badlands at my lhs for $15 a set turns out they fit the 3.8" wheels very well. So i had purchased some cheap wheels from ebay a few weeks ago and I'm going to try them on. So I have another great use for 3m electrical tape. Don't tell justin he would have a cow wasting 3m tape like this. LoL. I also used some of the rubber bands they sell for mounting tires. I think the tape works better. Because the tape exerts way more pressure to the tire bead than a rubber band. And I feel I am almost done buying the parts for this build. Only thing im waiting on is a front dog bone from Kershaw Designs and a stock bearing kit from eBay and of course the New servo and associated parts. As for the xo-1 motor that thing is insanely large and strong. I may do the Kershaw Designs extended E-revo chassis build next that might handle that motor better.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Still haven't ran mine

Did you ever order the hpp motor mount? Mine is on its way

RC Qualifier
    http://kershawdesigns.com/E-Revo-5TConversion.htm

hehehe... now get the motor. lol
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

^ What would you use as a body for a ext chassis. Roll cage....??

RC Racer
    Yes I ordered my hpp motor mount before you ordered yours. They contacted me when they came in. And I picked up a set of those awsome hpp hubs while onsale for $37.00.

RC Racer
    Kershaw has two large scale body's from Italy to choose from. They are made for his chassis.

There we go mate...HPP is catching on here. Awesome products and great service. Markus is a great guy to deal with .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by clp71220 View Post
    I ordered the Savox SA-1230SG at 6.0v it puts out 500oz of torque to steer this beast. My Leopard Ground 150amp ESC puts out 5.7v at 3amps so this should work nicely without the use of a BEC. [/url]
    Say it isnt so!
    If your BEC is only good for 3 amps you better order up an external BEC. Savox servos are the loudest most power hungry servos on the market. I have two builds going, on road and off road.

On Road has this servo
    http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...D=JRPSZ9100HVT

Off road with 40 series big joes has a pair of these
    http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...dID=JRPSZ9100T

Savox servos are cheaper and for a reason. I tried two different brand new ones and got the same result. Loud,power hungry, blacking out a MMM unless you install a 10amp external BEC and wouldnt center.