Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    All right Justin ill take your word on this. I'll order a Bec to be safe. Last thing that needs to happen is a black out at 70mph into a wrong direction.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by clp71220 View Post
    All right Justin ill take your word on this. I'll order a Bec to be safe. Last thing that needs to happen is a black out at 70mph into a wrong direction.
    You wont even get to 70 unless you did it going in a straight line and never moved the steering. I was stunned myself when I installed the first one and turned everything on and put it down to test out the servo and check for center and it just flat blacked out. Reconnected stock servo right back in business. Returned to LHS and got another figuring this has got to be a fluke. Installed it and the same happened again until I put a 10amp BEC in the truck.
    The savox servos will run on Tekin ESCs but they have a 5amp on board BEC where castle has 3amps. They pull enough to bog down the castle but not enough to bog down the Tekin. What will really flip you out is I can run 2 of the JR Z9100T servos for a total of 740oz of torque and not black out.

Im just trying to save someone else from making the same mistakes I did wasting time and $$ trying to save $$. You will see what Im talking about when you power it up and the loud high pitched whine hits your ears. I was really chapped when I bought the castle 10 amp BEC and installed it and got past the black out problems then it wouldnt center. It would get close but no cigar and sit there letting out its high pitched whine until I reached down with my finger and gave it a little nudge. I bought a Hitech and replaced that one and ditched the BEC. Quiet and smooth and centers perfectly every time. I have that one in my slash 4x4. The JRs are even smoother. Yes they cost abit more but I inhabit several forums and the Buy and sell boards and got a great deal on all of them. I picked up the pair of JR Z9100T's for $100 (retail $139 each), slightly used but still in like new condition. The JR Z9100HVT for $120 brand new (retail $199) . Hitec HS-7940TH thats in my slash 4x4 for $70 brand new (retail $149).

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I put a bec with my hitec and wired it so 6 volts goes to the receiver and 7.4 to the servo

Where did you see the MMM puts out 3 amps...volts or amps.??
    With the latest film ware from CC you can adjust the voltage...with Castle link.
    My Summit has a Hitec & 10 amp BEC, if I get to far out (radio range) I get brown out.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You can adjust the voltage to 6 volts but that doesn't effect the amp output

RC Racer

Oh The Carnage of 6s power

Well I got the wifes car going. And we whent out to the track to run them for a little while. I decided to do some speed runs up and down the driveway. Well I hit something in the road that sent my top speed run right into a telephone box and destroyed some of my front end. Damage right upper a arm front bumper mount and front bumper and the tie rod on the right side broke at the upper threaded area. Knocked the esc loose from its mount. Simply the worst crash ive had. I was at full throttle when it happened. So now im putting the rpm arms on the front.

RC Racer
    My wife likes my Kawasaki bodys better than the red body. So its a good thing i have two Kawasaki bodies.

I put the dusty motors outter wear on her car so to keep unwanted stuff out of the car. Works great.

RC Racer
    Front-end repaired using rpm a arms. I also found I had busted one of The bulkhead belly pan screw holes. but they will be changed out very soon.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Guess it could of been worse! Good you got it up and running

RC Racer
    Oops found something else bent. Part 5354 rocker arm post. Called the lhs and the have the aluminum replacement.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I just installed those! I put a little antiseize on the post for the metal to aluminum contact

Quote Originally Posted by clp71220 View Post
    I decided to do some speed runs up and down the driveway. Well I hit something in the road that sent my top speed run right into a telephone box and destroyed some of my front end. Damage right upper a arm front bumper mount and front bumper and the tie rod on the right side broke at the upper threaded area. Knocked the esc loose from its mount. Simply the worst crash ive had. I was at full throttle when it happened. So now im putting the rpm arms on the front
    That'll do it...you got to love the power of 6s mate . I've had a few mishaps myself on 6s and burning full throttle on the road. Totally smashed my truck once.

Had a bad mishap about 3 months back...my truck must of done about 20 or so cartwheels. Since that incident I don't use my eRevo much on the road any more.

Full throttle runs on dirt or grass now...it doesn't get the same top end as road use tho.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i thought 65 mph speed runs with my merv was wild but the erbe is easier to drive but that's a lot of momentum if something happens!

RC Racer
    Yeap the 12 pound cannon ball. It was. I was about 50 feet from it. And it sounded like everything cracked. I expected the front to be broke off. These things are pretty tough.
    Bought the castle bec 10 amp today at the lhs. And the aluminum rocker post. I was unable to remove the bearing from the post. So ill wait for the bearing kit to arrive.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    How are you going to wire up the bec through the esc or straight to the servo?

RC Racer
    Seeing how the servo needs the juice. I think ill wire to the servo.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's better the esc only needs 6 volt so does the fan
    I had a few extensions so I didn't need to cut

RC Racer
    Looks straight forward to do. And if it can pull lots of power then this would be the only way to do it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's right your running the 1230 so 6 volts but yep its easy!

RC Racer
    Another great use for 3m tape is to mark the tires for balancing wheels with modeling clay. Be sure to clean the area with alcohol for the clay to stick.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good tip! You are very color coordinated!

RC Racer
    Thanks for noticing. I found the clay on sale for .50 cents a container. So i bought a few colors I knew I was going to use. But it is taking one ball of clay per wheel. I feel I may run out pretty fast.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Once I had the weight from the modeling clay I weighed it and cut some lead tape and replaced the modeling clay
    You can also use the old mag wheel balancing tape with two side tape

RC Champion
    I just picked up another Revo Saturday and noticed it has the same wheels as your truck,
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    my rear diff took a dive again. looks like i will be doing some grinding tomorrow!

RC Racer
    Good luck 50togo with the install. Zepher those wheels are called Mugen wheels MBX5T with 17 mm Hex. I bought mine from the bay for $14 shipped for 4 wheels. They come in a bunch of different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    my rear diff took a dive again. looks like i will be doing some grinding tomorrow!
    Time to instal those Losi diffs .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    Where did you see the MMM puts out 3 amps...volts or amps.??
    With the latest film ware from CC you can adjust the voltage...with Castle link.
    My Summit has a Hitec & 10 amp BEC, if I get to far out (radio range) I get brown out.
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    You can adjust the voltage to 6 volts but that doesn't effect the amp output

Cant do anything about the current output and they come from the factory set of 6V, at least the one I was using did when it blacked out.

There is a total difference between glitching because you ran out of radio and a complete black out just from stading right over top of the truck and daring to turn the wheel and a power hungry servo dragging the internal BEC down so far that all the lights go out and the ESC and Rx restarts. I was getting so aggrevated I put a meter on it and the voltage was dropping to 3VDC on a Mamba Monster. Tried it on a MMP and guess what, same deal. Castle doesnt publish the current spec on their internal BECs. the 3 amp rating is what it has been given by the RC world of tried and true scenarios. Pretty much any servo that is capabe of drawing over 3 amps will cause at least a brown out if not a black out. Sometimes you are able to get by with adding caps to smooth the volatge if it is marginal. Their FAQ page does go into needing to add a BEC for high torque servos and how its capacity diminishes as the ESC input increases ie you get more BEC capacity with a 4s input than a 6s input as the BEC dissipates the overvoltage as heat and shuts down on thermal. Google Mamba Monster BEC rating and all you get is page after page of people having the same problem on many different forums. Add an external BEC and you are fine. Or instead of spending $25 bucks on the BEC spend the extra on a Tekin RX8 and you wont have that problem, Tekin publishes a 5 amp rating and I have one running two JR 9100t high torque servos with no worries, thats a total of 740oz of torque @ 6V and glitch free.

RC Racer
    Decided to install the true track rear a arms today. I'll do a install review on this.

You have to reuse the steel pivot ball from the axle carriers by putting them back in behind the bulk head retainer.

You have to reuse the stock pivot ball retainers. And dust boots.
    Last edited by clp71220; 01-02-2013 at 12:20 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    so far i like mine .i have them on my revo and e maxx !

HPP motor mount came today! get yours yet?
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-02-2013 at 12:30 PM.

RC Racer
    Rpm has some larger bearings to go in there carriers.

Almost fully assembled.

RC Racer
    Yes my hpp came in but at my other home. I'll get my hands on it Saturday.

RC Racer
    All done with the true track system.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks good! Like that shiny bumper

How much trouble did you have if any to get the pivit ball caps into the RPM knuckles......? so easy to cross thread, them..
    look'n good by the way...

RC Racer
    Yes I did have some trouble. I used the golden horizon aluminum caps on the front they where a bit easier to install. And I installed the rpm caps on the rear. The paper work says if you cross thread the carriers it voids any warranty. So im sure they know about this problem. But I took my time and got it done.

RC Racer
    Mounting some 40 series road rage tires on some Trx Dish wheels.

don't cut the foam width, it should all fit.... are you leaving the rims white, could dye them.....

RC Racer
    Yeah I cut the foam width. It was wider than the wheels. And i could not get it fit. I may see if I can find some preshaped foam. I am not liking this foam.

Its coming together nicely . I never cut my foams...I just shoved them in there. It took some time.
    Rock n Rolla !