Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    RC Racer

Eber overhaulin using kershaw designs chassis and other goodies!

Well hello everyone. I just purchased a e-revo roller from eBay in a deliberate move for an overhaul using the tryied and true components for the ever sought after bullet proof Electric Brushless Revo. As I am writting this i have a number of bids on eBay for parts like the lst2 Differentials and i just scored on a nice Kawasaki racing body. And I have an order from Kershaw Designs in route where I purchased a 6s Lipo system motor/esc/batterys, and a aluminium chassis center dog bones and there heavy duty slipper clutch. I will post pictures as soon as I can.

RC Competitor
    Great! i'd love to see them!

RC Qualifier
    looking forward to this build i like that chassis

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This is the speed controller that came with the R-revo it is a celiron from Losi some one had cut the mounting feet off. So heavy dutydouble sided sticky tape to the rescue.
    [IMG][/IMG]

This is the r-revo from eBay it looks preety ruff but will soon be a true speed machine. I was able to get it running and every thing seems to be in good working order. The push rods are bent in the front and rear. I have new ones on the way.
    Going for a silver color chassis in appearance.

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I purchased my radio from my local hobby shop. We need to support them when ever possible. Yeah I could have saved $30+ dollars by going to eBay but they need our business and can't help they have to charge taxes.

[IMG][/IMG]

I also purchased a Lipo summit 1/10 while there. As i already have one that I plan to give my son for christmas. So I bought one for my daughter also.

RC Racer
    I have been out of RC cars for a good 6+ years so I am looking forward to this. My daugter just turned 13 and my son just turned 11 back in the summer so its time to get them into the World of RC. I have been flying RC airplanes since I was a boy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's great. Here is my 13 year old daughter first time with the big revo click on the photo
    Last edited by 50togo; 12-04-2012 at 09:39 AM.

RC Racer
    My phone thinks e-revo is r-revo. dumb phone.

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG]

We built a race track close to the house Louisiana style using a bush hog and hay. The kids think it is for my e-revo little do they know they will have there Lipo summits in a few weeks. This track is about 1 acer in size. I will be building a raised controller stand at some point.
    Last edited by clp71220; 12-04-2012 at 11:19 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Wow that looks like fun.Your kids are gonna be ecstatic when they get those summits.Do you live close to Lafayette?

RC Racer
    We are close to start la outside of Monroe la. On I-20

RC Enthusiast
    ok I think I know where thats at.Its far from where I live lol. Looking forward to seeing your build.Subscribed!

what motor & ESC is that............??
    celiron from Losi... hummm

gl2u with the build.............
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    The revo came with the Losi 1700kv motor and a Losi ESC. I am installing a Kershaw Designs 6s system, motor KD 4082 -2000kv/150 amp esc/and two 3s batterys when they arrive. The Losi system puts out a good amount of power but nothing like a mamba monster or the KD system.

RC Champion
    Interested to see the chassis. Been pondering myself!

RC Racer
    Chassis is on the way. I got one lst2 differential in today now to find another one.

any ideas on how the diff is going to fit with the new chassis...didn't know if you have read anything, yet....?

RC Racer
    I will have to figure it all out when I get it. I will be reusing the exsisting bulkheads after I modify them to accept the LST2 diff. so I expect it will not be to much trouble involved. The Chassis will only replace the center portion of the car.

I think they take a little off the chassis to get the diff to fit height wise.....

RC Racer

Well I got the bodies in for the revo. and I scored another LST2 diff on ebay last night. And I discovered that the right front upper a arm is cracked. SO I am shopping for RPM up grades. Decided to go with Black. And I think I am going to try the true track system on the rear of this car. She is being built for racing so this might help with the over all setup.

great thread! +1 with the true track setup. it made a huge difference in my revo.

i also just wanted to add that I've been doing alot of ordering through kershaw designs lately, and the guy is on top of his business. everything i've ordered, i've gotten fast.

I can't wait to see the chassis build.
    ERBE, 8ight, 8ight-t, b4,b44, scte, slash 4x4

RC Racer
    thanks VXLROCKET. any pointers you can add would be appreciated.

+1 for Kershaw, excellent service and support.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Racer
    just purchased RPM gear from RChobbies4life great service over there. and good prices.

RC Racer

This might work for one of the summits.

Quote Originally Posted by clp71220 View Post
    thanks VXLROCKET. any pointers you can add would be appreciated.
    imo, i would install the rear chassis stiffener mod as soon as i got the chassis. if there is any place the aluminum could be a little on the weak side (and i'm not saying at all that it is) it would be there. a good precaution imo.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...475-Rear-Brace
    Last edited by vxlrocket; 12-07-2012 at 03:32 PM.

RC Racer
    I will defiantly try that mod. So far this is what the car looks like. Still waiting on the chassis to arrive.
    Last edited by clp71220; 12-07-2012 at 04:55 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by clp71220 View Post

We built a race track close to the house Louisiana style using a bush hog and hay. The kids think it is for my e-revo little do they know they will have there Lipo summits in a few weeks. This track is about 1 acer in size. I will be building a raised controller stand at some point.
    that looks like a bad *ahem* track...keep us posted with pics please...i'm thinking about building a track too...i just have to find the time...

To bad that is not a KTM body......J/K... Looks good...
    If you are going with the true track rear A arms IDB you need the buy the knuckels to go with...
    I want to see that chassis.............

RC Racer
    I plan to get the integy oversized knuckles and ball joints. I ordered all the rpm a-arms bumpers and stuff today. And I ordered a set of road rage 3.8 tires and some white dish wheels unmounted so I can tape them tires.

do you know for sure they will work for the True track....?? I don't remember seeing anyone using them.....

integy oversized knuckles

RC Racer
    Well I was referring to the front Axle carriers. I hope the rear is made well enough I will not have to do anything to it. It will be a trial and error type thing. But if you know something I need to do by all means say so. I don't want to throw good money after bad products. I have been out of this for many years and I am getting back in this with 3 trucks at once. Focusing on the E-revo for now but there are two summits to mod later. And I am pulling most of the what to do next from other members here.

I've been running revos since they first came out, brushed and brushless and i've never broken a knuckle. I do some pretty gnarly parking lot jumping and bashing....lots of skatepark stuff and bmx track stuff too.

RC Racer
    Well I have a knuckle messed up on this one right now. Last owner must have jumped it off a two storied house. I bought it fairly cheap so I am not complaining. As I had planned to build it the way I want instead of spending the $800+ then upgrading it. But it has a lower knuckle on the right side is bad loose. That is the same side that has the broke a-arm. Looking at the titanium knuckles and the integy silver caps if I can find someone that has them in stock.

RC Racer
    Well I got the chassis and new Kershaw 6s power system Batterys 3s-30c/Leapord 150amp ESC/Kershaw Designs 4082 Brushless motor, Dogbones, Slipper clutch in today. And also got the new bulk heads that I will be carving on to fit the LST2 Differentials into, I figured I could be doing that while waiting on parts to arrive on a new set of bulkheads. Mail man showed up just as I was leaving for work. So I will take pictures tomorrow but I may not load them until Tuesday due to being away from wifi to load the pictures. I did take a peak though and it all looks awsome. I still have many parts that have not come in yet so it is hurry up and wait for now. But any recomendations are welcome. I am following Mitch316 build even though I will proably never bash my car that hard. Just nice knowing I could and survive it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    that looks like a bad *ahem* track...keep us posted with pics please...i'm thinking about building a track too...i just have to find the time...
    Took two days to get it into shape. Mowed the grass down to 1/2 inch with finishing mower. We used a rake to make the outline and a mower to make the first outline after all the grass was cut and laying on the ground. Turned out very well. The revo has tons of traction so a lot of slowing down in the turns is nessary for now until I can come back and till the ground and get it down to dirt and that may be spring becasue our monsoon season is about to start and that will be lots of rain. This is a small hay field beside our house that hardly ever gets cut. One thing I have realized is it may be to big. I May split it into two tracks. I find it hard to follow the track at the back of the track. I am sure a raised control stand will help. I plan one incorperating jumps at some point but I first need to train my kids to drive these cars and be serious about control of the car. That may prove to be more of a challenge in itself. As for me I know of a hand full of racers in a near by town to race with and I am looking forward to racing them on the weeknds. They use closed on sundays store parking lots to race using water hoses for a track border. Just one word of advice never put a sharp turn close "with in 10 feet" to a curb. It will break one car after another. One of the racers is the local hobbytown usa shop owner.
    Last edited by clp71220; 12-08-2012 at 08:41 PM.

RC Champion
    That is one big track, nice. Like you said, no jumps for now so that Kershaw Chassis should perform really well.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Racer
    Here is the parts from Kershaw Designs. Leapord 150amp ESC, 2-5000ma 3s batterys with 30c and the Kershaw Designs 4082 motor with 15% more tourqe than a mamba monster. Kershaw Designs center dog bones and a 20t Pinion gear, And the Aluminum Chassis in silver. They have selection of colors for the chassis also. Still waiting on parts from every where. should not be much longer and this build will get under way. HPP is out of there motor braces until the end of December and I am pretty sure I will be in need of one with this large motor.
    Also I am going with the Summit long Drive shafts on all fours. I realized last night that the bulkheads I purchased from ebay belong to a summit so I have to get another set as I will keep these because I have two summits for the kids even though I doubt I will ever need them.
    I am tempted to purchase the BOCA Orange ceramic bearing set. But dont know that i will actually need it. Any suggestions on Bearings?

Last edited by clp71220; 12-10-2012 at 06:46 PM.

looking forward to seeing your build progress....
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    I think they take a little off the chassis to get the diff to fit height wise.....
    Looks like Kershaw cut out a portion of the chassis over the front and rear differentials for the fit you are asking about.